Mychal Givens 2023

Going Underground

Roch said he might pitch today but is not listed as one of the pitchers throwing today. 

Mychal Givens is due to make another spring appearance for the Orioles, perhaps this afternoon in Dunedin. It’s been six days. He hasn’t allowed an earned run in four outings and his heels are dug into his lock status in the bullpen. A sure thing if healthy.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found this,

https://www.rotowire.com/baseball/player/mychal-givens-10996

Nearing rehab assignment
April 13, 2023
Givens (knee) will throw another bullpen session Thursday and is close to beginning a rehab assignment, Dan Connolly of The Athletic reports.
ANALYSIS
The veteran reliever's progress with his knee issue was slow initially, but he's feeling much better now. Givens figures to need at least a couple rehab appearances but is on track to return before the end of April.
  • Thanks 2

• Tony-OH changed the title to Mychal Givens 2023

Givens looked pretty good in his debut yesterday wit the Baysox. One thing I didn't realize was how much weight Givens has put on since he was with the Orioles. The announcer said he's 6-foot, 250 pounds. Maybe that's part of his knee issues? 

Either way, he looked pretty good overall and it would not be surprising if the Orioles decided to bring him up soon. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Givens looked pretty good in his debut yesterday wit the Baysox. One thing I didn't realize was how much weight Givens has put on since he was with the Orioles. The announcer said he's 6-foot, 250 pounds. Maybe that's part of his knee issues? 

Either way, he looked pretty good overall and it would not be surprising if the Orioles decided to bring him up soon. 

Wow, that's a lot...especially since he was drafted as a lean infielder...

Was that 250lbs fat or muscle??

On 4/30/2023 at 2:28 PM, Tony-OH said:

250 is waaaay too much weight for him.  Wow - that would most def affect his knees.  

Edited by emmett16