Who’s your pick to have a career year?

Frobby

42 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It is?  20 pitchers had a 4 WAR season last year.  22 did it in 2021z

You think it’s reasonable to think Gibson could be one of the best 25 starters in all of MLB this year?

You're calling me out using the word "reasonably" and implying that I think it'll happen in a thread that's about career years?  Okay.  No, I don't think a 4 WAR will happen either.  But Tyler Anderson did it in 2022.  Was that reasonable?  No.  Did it happen?  Yes.

What's a unicorn/career year look like for Baker?  He'll be 28.  Just finished his first full season in the ML with a 1.4 WAR (tying Bautista for 27th in the MLB).  

1 hour ago, btdart20 said:

Gibson.

I question whether Gibson will pitch the whole season for the O's.

Though I think their 1st half rotation is Gibson, Irvin, Kremer, Bradish and Grod,   The 2nd half will probably include Means, Hall and Wells.

Gibson's history is being good in the  1st half but not in the 2nd half.   I can see the O's trading him in July while he is still pitching well.  On a one year contract he is not going to bring back a ton, I think Elias would be happy to get a decent prospect in return.

8 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Doesn't "career year" mean best year of their career? He's certainly allowed to have a better one next year. 🙂

Best year of their career, not best year so far.

Considering that Grayson is probably going to be innings limited this season I fully expect him to have better seasons in the future.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Best year of their career, not best year so far.

Considering that Grayson is probably going to be innings limited this season I fully expect him to have better seasons in the future.

Now you guys are just arguing semantics. Technically, this year would be his career year until that next season happens.