O’s: 4th most profitable team in 2022?

Sports Guy

Curse those guys in ownership and the front office for creating a financially healthy team while vastly improving it's future prospects.

Why can't they blow all their money on Free Agents like the Mets, Padres, WhiteSox, BlueJays, and Twins?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, owknows said:

Curse those guys in ownership and the front office for creating a financially healthy team while vastly improving it's future prospects.

Why can't they blow all their money on Free Agents like the Mets, Padres, WhiteSox, BlueJays, and Twins?

Is it an example of financial health when ownership of a company removes the profits for personal use instead of reinvesting in the company?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What costs do they have?

They have to be bringing in more than they are spending.

Couldn't even broadcast ST games because it costs too much.  I would have thought that showing off their young talent would be good for regular season ticket sales.

Edited by wildcard
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is it an example of financial health when ownership of a company removes the profits for personal use instead of reinvesting in the company?

Are you dissatisfied with the progress of the rebuild?

Are they not now an emerging competitive team... without operating at a loss like the aforementioned teams that gobbled up free agent talent?

I'm happy to see the fruits of those efforts. I want to see our guys play.

I don't understand the need or the desire to "reinvest" in $100 million dollar players.

Extend our guys when the time comes.

Edited by owknows

Just now, owknows said:

Are you dissatisfied with the progress of the rebuild?

Are they not now an emerging competitive team... without operating at a loss like the aforementioned teams that gobbled up free agent talent?

I'm happy to see the fruits of those efforts. I want to see our guys play.

I don't understand the need or the desire to "reinvest" in $100 million dollar players.

Yes I'm dissatisfied with the progress of the rebuild.

Have you not been paying attention?

Intentionally tanking for three full seasons after the collapse and not planning on being competitive in year four is obscene.  It's year five and they are still barely touching the accelerator. 

They aren't locking up players long term, they aren't attempting to build the brand, they aren't improving the MASN experience.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yes I'm dissatisfied with the progress of the rebuild.

Have you not been paying attention?

I could definitely tell your were dissatisfied.

But I figured it was about everything. (In an old man yells at cloud sort of way)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1