403 errors

Tony-OH

57 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Jumped on the site from my mobile for the first time since the site was fixed and it’s cleaner looking than I have ever seen. Have always had ads at the bottom of the screen I could never get rid of. 

Unfortunately, the site runs fast and clean but I lost about 70% of my revenue so it really, really sucks for me. Innovision really sucks.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Unfortunately, the site runs fast and clean but I lost about 70% of my revenue so it really, really sucks for me. Innovision really sucks.

Ouch, did not realize that. I just meant it as a compliment to you for getting it so cleaned up. Hope you can find an advertising partner that can provide a revenue stream and allows to site to function as you intended it. 

25 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Ouch, did not realize that. I just meant it as a compliment to you for getting it so cleaned up. Hope you can find an advertising partner that can provide a revenue stream and allows to site to function as you intended it. 

Thanks, I was just venting. I try not to let everyone know how much of the pain in the ass it is to run this place sometime especially when you have an organization like Innvisioncommunity who have terrible customer service and don't care about their customers. My adverstising partner was great until I had to take them off because of Innvision's refusal to make a needed white list request. 

Oh well, F it. At least the site is up and running for everyone. Oh well, 1st world problems I guess. lol

11 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

11 hours ago, RVAOsFan said:

It did resolve a long-running problem of not being able to use the multi-quote function on my phone because the ads at the bottom would blot out the button I needed to push to embed the quotes I’d selected.  This is my first multi-quote post in about a year!

However, I hope you come up with a way to get the ad revenue back.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

It did resolve a long-running problem of not being able to use the multi-quote function on my phone because the ads at the bottom would blot out the button I needed to push to embed the quotes I’d selected.  This is my first multi-quote post in about a year!

However, I hope you come up with a way to get the ad revenue back.  

Mobile was a hot mess. I'd click reply but if I was in the middle of the page, there would be an invisible ad that stole that click. I'd have to scroll so that the reply button was the very top or bottom of the screen to avoid the invisible middle-of-the-phone ad. 

32 minutes ago, interloper said:

Mobile was a hot mess. I'd click reply but if I was in the middle of the page, there would be an invisible ad that stole that click. I'd have to scroll so that the reply button was the very top or bottom of the screen to avoid the invisible middle-of-the-phone ad. 

There was always a give and take. Unfortunately for you guys, I probably need to read some of those ads that were annoying. Saying that, I always send in any issues so if you have issues like this, if yu could, screenshot it, tell me what browser and phone you are using and I can send them in to be reviewed and adjusted.

I rarely use my phone with the Hangout so I don't see the problems very often.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is just me, but ever since the 403 errors issue was corrected the ads have kind of taken over the screen in a covert way. On my phone, I click a thread in the middle of the screen and it will take me to an ad that is showing at the bottom of the page. 

Just now, waroriole said:

Not sure if this is just me, but ever since the 403 errors issue was corrected the ads have kind of taken over the screen in a covert way. On my phone, I click a thread in the middle of the screen and it will take me to an ad that is showing at the bottom of the page. 

Yeah not just you. The middle screen stolen click thing is happening on my phone. Using Android and Chrome.

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

Ahhh. I’m on iPhone and safari

It's definitely a problem with Safari.  It got so bad that I stopped coming here at all on my iPhone.  I just checked again and sure enough, still a problem on Safari.  However it is not a problem with DuckDuckGo which I would recommend a a default browser anyway.