Orioles acquire Danny Coulombe

Going Underground

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

33 years old, 3.92 ERA, 8.4 K/9 vs 3.7 BB/9. A little bit of a head scratcher here. Kind of a Kyle Gibson of relievers. Not bad but who on our roster is he better than? I wonder if the Givens injury is worse than they are saying. 

I don't know about worse than they are saying but he walked off the mound frustrated after 10 pitches yesterday.  He's not going to be ready for OD.

Just now, Aristotelian said:

33 years old, 3.92 ERA, 8.4 K/9 vs 3.7 BB/9. A little bit of a head scratcher here. Kind of a Kyle Gibson of relievers. Not bad but who on our roster is he better than? I wonder if the Givens injury is worse than they are saying. 

I heard this morning that he threw 10 pitches in a sim game and then walked off the field angrily. Sounds like an IL trip to start the season. These are the risks you take when you sign 33-year old middle relievers coming off an injury shortened year. 

hopefully it won't keep him out too long. The bullpen is looking weaker with Tate and Givens starting on the IL and Wells in the rotation. 

• Upvote 1