Westburg is near ready

wildcard

Just now, 24fps said:

This season at Norfolk Westburg is .325/.384/.597 as of today.  He's raking.  Consistent too with hits in 22 of 27 games so far, so maybe that's his level at Norfolk for the rest of the season give or take.

If the plan is to trade him for pitching then what's the best strategy right now, leave him at Norfolk or bring him up and risk an adjustment period like Gunnar's that could impact his trade value?  Maybe this has been the strategy all along.  If that's the case then I wouldn't hold my breath given that the trade deadline is still a couple of months away.

Who knows what Elias is thinking or will do? But you raise some really interesting points/questions.

I think that it's a safe bet that either he or Ortiz is packaged in a trade. There simply isn't room enough for both on the Orioles and we can't really leave them down for the whole year either.

4 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I'm confused. You said that he needed to work on his defense at first base. I guess I missed the sarcasm/joke?

Probably.

It reminds me of them wanting Grayson to go deeper into games last year while simultaneously pulling him at 80 pitches when he was cruising.

I was joking that they are making up requirements that they won't let him reach.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Probably.

It reminds me of them wanting Grayson to go deeper into games last year while simultaneously pulling him at 80 pitches when he was cruising.

I was joking that they are making up requirements that they won't let him reach.

👌 Understood.