Westburg is near ready

wildcard

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

I'm talking on offense.   IF Frazier has a low 600 OPS with lots of contact and little power, I think most fans will find that more frustrating the Odor with his occasional power.

One thing I’ll say for Odor: despite his high K rate, he only struck out twice in 21 PA with a runner on 3B and less than two outs.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Frobby said:

Being a clubhouse leader and a lousy interview are not necessarily inconsistent.   Not that I’m claiming that Frazier is a great clubhouse leader.  

I think in most cases we would see some overlap.

The poster that made the claim said that providing evidence to support it was so easy they couldn't be bothered to do it.

I think it is just normal baseball nonsense that equates being a veteran to being a leader.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think in most cases we would see some overlap.

The poster that made the claim said that providing evidence to support it was so easy they couldn't be bothered to do it.

I think it is just normal baseball nonsense that equates being a veteran to being a leader.

If I recall, didn't they provide some article which spoke of some sort of Christian fellowship group and that Frazier was highly regarded in those circles?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nope, that was me.

I tried searching but didn't have much luck.

Well, I guess that's the "proof."  Of course, absence of evidence does not mean evidence of absence.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to believe that the FO has more insight into Frazier's character/leadership qualities than we can glean by google.

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Well, I guess that's the "proof."  Of course, absence of evidence does not mean evidence of absence.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to believe that the FO has more insight into Frazier's character/leadership qualities than we can glean by google.

I was commenting on the poster making the assertion and failing to support it.

I don't think leadership is hugely important at this level.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I was commenting on the poster making the assertion and failing to support it.

I don't think leadership is hugely important at this level.

I think the younger your team is it is more important.  And this is a young team that figures to only get younger in the coming years.

I didn't like the signing; I like it even less after getting some eyes on Westburg this spring, so I"m not here to justify it.

But I don't believe the FO is being disengenuous: They value the leadership Frazier provides.  I'm sure it wasn't a primary factor in acquiring him though.

I get concerned that Westburg will be dealt in a package for a starter.  I would tend to think that the future infield will include Henderson & Holliday on the left side. Duh!  If Mayo develops, Mounty could get dealt as well. We cant keep everybody.  Who's manning second & who gets dealt? Unfortunately, it appears Frazier will be this season with hopefully Urias splitting time.

2 hours ago, Owen21 said:

I get concerned that Westburg will be dealt in a package for a starter.  I would tend to think that the future infield will include Henderson & Holliday on the left side. Duh!  If Mayo develops, Mounty could get dealt as well. We cant keep everybody.  Who's manning second & who gets dealt? Unfortunately, it appears Frazier will be this season with hopefully Urias splitting time.

Do we not expect some rotation of Mayo, Kjerstad, and Stowers in the Rf, 1B, and DH spots?

2 hours ago, Owen21 said:

Why is that concerning? If trading Westburg is part of a deep playoff run I'm all for it. Don't forget Ortiz as well as Norby. 

• Upvote 1