How many games will the O’s win in 2023?

Frobby

How many games will the Orioles win in 2023?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the O’s win in 2023?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/30/23 at 17:00

74-88 mostly due to the lack of pitching. Over the off season Elias needed to deal a bat or two for a + starter and didn't get it done. The end result is that going into the 2023 season our rotation consists of two #4 starters and three #5 starters. Add to that a weakened (compared to last year) bullpen and it's not pretty. 

I voted 83-87 wins.  

I have more confidence in the rotation now compared to last year.  Not quite top shelf, but we're not just tossing guys to the wolves either.  Best case scenario is our rotation as a whole finish in the top half of the league.  Seeing Bradish emerge on the national level this year would be a boon!

The BP has a couple of anchors in Bautista and Akin.  Perez isn't far behind too.  Losing Givens hurts.  Hopefully, Voth and Baker are who we hope they are.  Baumann's pitch mix could be his path forward and be a boost for the BP.  And maybe Hall plugs in as an impact arm here too at some point.  

The offense should be top third-ish in the MLB.  Defense should still be solid all around.  MLB level depth at most positions as injury insurance (some players just aren't replaceable though).

83-86 was my choice because I'm an optimist.

What I really mean is more like 82-84 because the off season was one giant exercise in treading water.  More than anything else, right before opening day, this season looks most like a squandered opportunity where any potential gain was offset by neglect elsewhere.

5 hours ago, btdart20 said:

Who's the #4s and who's the #5s?

Bradish and Kremer are #4s IMO, with the others trailing in the dust. Both showed occasional bouts of brilliance last season, but they need to bring that to the mound 80% of the time rather than 20%. 

54 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Bradish and Kremer are #4s IMO, with the others trailing in the dust. Both showed occasional bouts of brilliance last season, but they need to bring that to the mound 80% of the time rather than 20%. 

I think Bradish is going to vault himself into a pretty clear #2 starter this year. The stuff is huge, he racks up Ks, he's aggressive, and he got a lot of experience last year.

• Upvote 1

I went with 87-90 because I am hoping for an improvement of at least five wins. That still may not be enough for them to get into the post-season but I think the improvements to the staff are somewhat underscored. Going into tomorrow they have five solid, albeit not spectacular arms with the potential of adding superstar level GrayRod and at some point a John Means who, while a major wildcard, could be another boost. 

Plus I think that they have enough talent equity to land a difference-maker in a trade should they be in contention. 

I voted 83-86 because I think the talent is there.  But the early signs are a bit unnerving.

The bottom line, is my expectations are that it is time to compete...and as such I don't care whether we win with Frazier, lose with Frazier or anyone else.  But I will judge the team and the front office on success and success is defined by winning.  

That's where I am.

I think somewhere around 80-84 wins is about right. Could go higher if everything works out good like last year, but as could crater since on people, we are not better than the Yankees, Blue Jays or Rays. 

Let's hope we're surprised a bit, but I would not be surprised if the team wins less games than it did in 2022, mainly because the competition got better.

• 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, yark14 said:

The 7 folks that picked 90+ should get a free Plus Membership for next year.

Lol.  The 3 who said less than 75 should be banned from posting for a year too.  ;)  Or at least have a flag on their posts so we can read with a grain of salt.  (No offense to those three because it could be me next year.)

I was very bearish in 2018... but I still overestimated them by 25 wins :skeletor:

Our window was closed 42 seconds after Encarnacion hit the bomb off of Zack Britton. I mean Ubaldo Jimenez. 

I didn't vote in this year's poll. I probably would have gotten sucked into the punditry of "they'll regress some due to the lack of pitching" if I had voted....