Adam Frazier 2023

Frobby

2 hours ago, forphase1 said:

Frazier has been a better bat than Mateo, no doubt.  I'd keep Mateo over him though for a defensive replacement and pinch runner.  If I had to start one,  I'd rather it be Frazier. But I like the value of Mateo on the bench more.  In my perfect world neither would start again over Westburg, Henderson or Ortiz, with Urias taking a start here and there as needed.   In that scenario Frazier isn't needed imo.

Frazier can play the COF if bench situation called for it .. Mateo plays very little else .. 

8 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Frazier can play the COF if bench situation called for it .. Mateo plays very little else .. 

Sure,  but he doesn't play it (or anywhere else for that matter) well.   Besides with Hays, Hicks, Cedric, Cowser and Santander all on the roster, the need for Frazier to play the COF should be non-existant.

On 7/5/2023 at 6:41 PM, forphase1 said:

Sure,  but he doesn't play it (or anywhere else for that matter) well.   Besides with Hays, Hicks, Cedric, Cowser and Santander all on the roster, the need for Frazier to play the COF should be non-existant.

Adam nonexistent Frazier says hello

When it comes to the infield, the Orioles are heavy with right-handed hitters. Of course then there is an 8 million dollar contract. 😀 Mateo may be fun on the bases and I've enjoyed watching him when he could get on base, but I'm betting he's next to go. My money is also on this Frazier Thread topping 100 pages by the end of this year. 

First two homer game of Frazier’s career, plus a nice RBI single.  Great game for him. 

Ironically, since the day Westburg was called up, Frazier is hitting .333/.412/.767, with 4 homers and 11 RBI in 10 games played.  I guess he’s motivated!

• Upvote 2

With the benefit of hindsight, Frazier was a good signing.  Westburg is here and producing, and Henderson/Urias/Mateo are all still here, and Frazier still has a positive role on the team.  That 8 million might have been spent better, but it wasn't spent badly.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Frazier batted in 4 Runs tonight.  The final score was 5-2. Without Frazier in the lineup, the Orioles don't win that game.

I know what you are trying to say, but that's only if whomever was batting in his place did absolutely nothing.  If Urias, or whomever, goes 0-4, then sure, we would have likely lost.  But if they go 2-4 with a couple of extra base hits, who knows how it would have turned out. They likely don't hit 2 homeruns, but maybe they did something positive and the final score could have been 3-2.  No way of knowing of course.  

That said Frazier had a great day, and was fun to watch, and had a few great at bats.  Still below average overall for a 2nd baseman, and I'd rather he be a role player and not a starter, but gotta tip the hat to him today.

4 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Frazier batted in 4 Runs tonight.  The final score was 5-2. Without Frazier in the lineup, the Orioles don't win that game.

I dont get the Frazier hate on this board. Sure, he's not a great defender. He comes up clutch, like tonight...he's projected to hit 20 HR and drive in 80...thats a solid season...and as shaky as he might be defensively...Frazier is a very poised veteran, who helps steady the kids...I think the Frazier hate is unjustified...and I said it well before tonight.We may have better players on the horizon to take his place...but for right now, I'm extremely comfortable to have him in the lineup...and in the field.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I dont get the Frazier hate on this board. Sure, he's not a great defender. He comes up clutch, like tonight...he's projected to hit 20 HR and drive in 80...thats a solid season...and as shaky as he might be defensively...Frazier is a very poised veteran, who helps steady the kids...I think the Frazier hate is unjustified...and I said it well before tonight.We may have better players on the horizon to take his place...but for right now, I'm extremely comfortable to have him in the lineup...and in the field.

I agree. After all of the clutch spots when Frazier has proven himself to help the Orioles win, the negativity towards Adam Frazier really is bizarre. And I wouldn't even say he's all that bad of a defender in the way that he gets criticized for...  Considering that the shift has been banned, and he's still managed to hold alot of batted balls to singles. I also don't remember many (if any) errors on his behalf. I do remember seeing him feed the double play to Gunnar and Mateo pretty nicely.

I say all of this as someone who didn't even want the Orioles to sign him because I felt it was too much of a log jam. But I think he's earned some respect for his production and should be given the benefit of the doubt at this point.