So...is MacPhail back in good graces?

Moose Milligan

I'm curious to know if MacPhail is back in the good graces of the fickle members of the board. For awhile there, it seemed that there were a contingent that were ready to grab the pitchforks and torches.

Has todays trade pacified anyone? Or are we still going to bash MacPhail for being too slow and using the ENTIRE offseason (not just up until Christmas) to make his moves?

The rollercoaster never stops around here, thats for sure...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm curious to know if MacPhail is back in the good graces of the fickle members of the board. For awhile there, it seemed that there were a contingent that were ready to grab the pitchforks and torches.

Has todays trade pacified anyone? Or are we still going to bash MacPhail for being too slow and using the ENTIRE offseason (not just up until Christmas) to make his moves?

The rollercoaster never stops around here, thats for sure...

No, he 's not. This move was the most stupid one he has made so far. Next thing you know, he will trade Guthrie for a third baseman!:rolleyestf:

I've never been against AM. I have expected that he would do all these things... re-sign Nick, out-of-left-field trade for Pie, I have no idea but I think he'll either re-sign BRob to a wonderful deal, or trade him and make us all happy. I am of a mind to give him carte blanche and he hasn't disappointed me yet!

I just assume that when he finally gets off his slow-moving butt and does something, it will be muchly for the good of the club. If the deal gets done, then some other poor GM got fleeced. :P

In my books he went from an F to a C today (as long as the resigning of Markakis still happens).

I want someone who can log innings in our rotation before he gets any higher. Say whatever bad things you want about Cabrera, he logged us a lot of innings. Who fills that void?

Cabrera was horrible. What good is filling innings when you pitch like a loser as he did most of the time?

I do agree with you that the void of starting pitching has not only not been addressed by AM, it has gotten worse under his tenure!:mad:

Cabrera was horrible. What good is filling innings when you pitch like a loser as he did most of the time?

I do agree with you that the void of starting pitching has not only not been addressed by AM, it has gotten worse under his tenure!:mad:

it should look pretty good by 2010, and Arrieta will probably make the rotation now.

it should look pretty good by 2010, and Arrieta will probably make the rotation now.

Should, would, could. The majority of Orioles prospects (probably a much higher percentage than other formerly bad teams like Tampa, don't pan out.)

Arrieta has no business being rushed into the rotation. That has been a proven receipe for disaster in the past. You apparently forget what happened with Cabrera, Liz, and even Olson.

I think Olson was needed much more than Pie. In fact, they need about three mor Olsons.

And THAT is the exact thinking that got us here. In three years, Olson should have been expendable anyways with the bevy of talent we have in the minors. Olson was no Guthrie. So you wanted Guthrie and three number 4 starters.

Uhh..ok bud.

And THAT is the exact thinking that got us here. In three years' date=' Olson should have been expendable anyways with the bevy of talent we have in the minors. Olson was no Guthrie. So you wanted Guthrie and three number 4 starters.

Uhh..ok bud.[/quote']

I think Olson could have an upside eventually as a number two or at least a solid three starter.

Archived