New rules impact on stolen bases

ChuckS

7 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I think part of the draw of football is the overt violence. Whether that's good or bad is up for debate...

I have long wanted to see a football or basketball game with a continuous clock like soccer. No timeouts, no clock stopping on out of bounds or incompletions or free throws and fouls. Even with halftime and breaks at the quarters it would be over in 1:30. Managers would have to rely on the players to know what to do the vast majority of the time.

I’m a big fan of High School football.  The teams I watch are on par with a lot of D1 schools and the games are like 1.5-2 HRs with amazing athleticism and passion.  

NFL was made for advertising and NCAA has followed suit.  That’s all it is, one big commercial. It’s a perfect marriage between violence and capitalism.  

2 hours ago, emmett16 said:

I’m a big fan of High School football.  The teams I watch are on par with a lot of D1 schools and the games are like 1.5-2 HRs with amazing athleticism and passion.  

NFL was made for advertising and NCAA has followed suit.  That’s all it is, one big commercial. It’s a perfect marriage between violence and capitalism.  

I used to have Virginia Tech season tickets and the least popular person in the stadium was the ref in the red jersey whose job was to stand on the field to hold up the game until the commercial break was over.