Sunday, April 2: Orioles vs Red Sox

SteveA

Just now, Tony-OH said:

The 1st two once the Orioles got big leads? 

The Orioles better keep hitting because this pen is awful. Losing Tate and Givens was worse than we thought, but honestly, Hyde tends to use everyone for an inning here and there instead of having someone try and eat three innings and fully resting a guy. 

Gotta give the Red Sox some credit though. They went out and spent and got some more impact talent.. Elias said it was "lift off" then basically stood pat. Now whether that was because he got a budget that made him do that, or his risk aversion, but it's clear what team improved more this offseason.

He may want them to get work since it’s early on. 

Just now, Tony-OH said:

The 1st two once the Orioles got big leads? 

The Orioles better keep hitting because this pen is awful. Losing Tate and Givens was worse than we thought, but honestly, Hyde tends to use everyone for an inning here and there instead of having someone try and eat three innings and fully resting a guy. 

Gotta give the Red Sox some credit though. They went out and spent and got some more impact talent.. Elias said it was "lift off" then basically stood pat. Now whether that was because he got a budget that made him do that, or his risk aversion, but it's clear what team improved more this offseason.

I didn't understand some of the O's fans suggesting that Boston will be mediocre. I'm not sure they're good enough for a playoff run, but they're not devoid of talent either.

3 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Good for him, but that guy would never ever ever had come here. He rejected Atlanta for being too small-time for him.

According to Angelos we don't have money to sign a guy like Adley to a pre arb deal, so I'm guessing all long term FA contracts are too expensive.

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I didn't understand some of the O's fans suggesting that Boston will be mediocre. I'm not sure they're good enough for a playoff run, but they're not devoid of talent either.

Their lineup to me isn’t bad but it’s not that deep either. Casas will play a big role. Duvall isn’t this good. 

First game I've watched a significant amount of in awhile and.. um.. isn't this the year the team was supposed to be legitimate contenders? I saw the score last game too, they're still giving up a lot of runs. Some pretty bad errors in this game too weren't there?

Also, yeah.. trash fanbase. How dare they enjoy themselves at a baseball game on a sunny Sunday afternoon when their team is winning! Trash!