Anthony Santander 2023

interloper

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

He’s not on a 100 RBI pace though.   The O’s hss as be played 55% of their season and he’s at 50 RBI.   He’s on about a 91 RBI pace.  

I know the math.  I'm saying he's good for 100.  He's accelerating. He's also only slugging .498.  In what cockamamie world does .002 matter.  

Edited by Baltimorecuse
add info

4 hours ago, G54377 said:

No doubt, but Santander could also flame out in the second half or next year. We roll the dice either way. So far he has alternated good and bad months. He had a 642 OPS in April and a 702 OPS in June. He's also battled injures just about every year up until last, IIRC. People may be overrating our prospects, but they may also be overrating Santander. 

We'll have to disagree.

2 minutes ago, G54377 said:

Yea I mean if we do keep him I hope he keeps it up. I just think there's probably a better chance this will be his peak value as an Oriole.

For the right price Babe Ruth could be traded.  Seriously, there's very little that doesn't have a price.  If Elias got the right price who could complain.  He's our big power guy, and until someone else steps up, I think he'll likely lead the team in RBI's.

3 hours ago, Baltimorecuse said:

I know the math.  I'm saying he's good for 100.  He's accelerating. He's also only slugging .498.  In what cockamamie world does .002 matter.  

When you said he was “on pace” for 100 RBI, I took you literally.  Even accepting your “accelerating” theory, getting 50 RBI in 73 games won’t be easy.  That’s a 111 RBI pace the rest of the way.   Definitely possible, and I’ll root for him to achieve it, but I’d bet against it. 

55 minutes ago, Frobby said:

When you said he was “on pace” for 100 RBI, I took you literally.  Even accepting your “accelerating” theory, getting 50 RBI in 73 games won’t be easy.  That’s a 111 RBI pace the rest of the way.   Definitely possible, and I’ll root for him to achieve it, but I’d bet against it. 

I never bet for or against teams I root for.  

Santander and Hicks have so much value because they are SH. Also, you’ll see those guys DH, since they are SH, because we don’t need to pinch hit for them. That’s why O’Hearn plays 1B when he plays. So then we can double switch if we have to pinch hit for him. Options. Flexibility. 

That’s why I think Santander’s SH ability, keeps him here next year. He’s just so darn valuable past the numbers. Him and Adley make the lineup really easy to build. 

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Santander and Hicks have so much value because they are SH. Also, you’ll see those guys DH, since they are SH, because we don’t need to pinch hit for them. That’s why O’Hearn plays 1B when he plays. So then we can double switch if we have to pinch hit for him. Options. Flexibility. 

That’s why I think Santander’s SH ability, keeps him here next year. He’s just so darn valuable past the numbers. Him and Adley make the lineup really easy to build. 

Word. Switch Hitting 33+ 90+ RBI guys don't grow on trees. Some might call Anthony a power hitter, but he takes some really good at bats to extend the plate appearance and make the pitcher battle him while having to throw alot more pitches. I can recall off the top of my head at least 2 ABs that were about 15-18 pitches ore so.

He is worthy of the #3 spot in the batting order.

I'm having difficulty finding the right words to express how thrilled I am with what Anthony Santander has been giving the Orioles. He has been consistent and has been the catalyst to our Runs Batted In. Day in and Day out, when it matters most, Anthony Santander has gotten it done. 

And he's been playing a very decent first base when called upon too. 

Anthony Santander is a key to the Orioles' lineup's offense, and a key to the Orioles' winning streak. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I'm having difficulty finding the right words to express how thrilled I am with what Anthony Santander has been giving the Orioles. He has been consistent and has been the catalyst to our Runs Batted In. Day in and Day out, when it matters most, Anthony Santander has gotten it done. 

And he's been playing a very decent first base when called upon too. 

Anthony Santander is a key to the Orioles' lineup's offense, and a key to the Orioles' winning streak. 

Same here.  I was in the "trade Santander camp" this offseason.  Looking at his stats this season, he is putting up numbers that are very hard to replace, leading the team in doubles and HR.  Still not an amazing fielder overall, but has made some clutch plays that analytics don't measure.

My gut tells me he will tear shit up in October.

If so, flip him this offseason if the price is right.