GrayRod or Hall up next?

banks703

Am I correctly remembering that GrayRod is from Texas? 

Perhaps this is in fact similar to Hall’s debut last year in Tampa. I think TB was the opponent last year that was geographically closest to Hall’s home. 

Maybe this is just giving him the courtesy of debuting close to his home. 

6 minutes ago, banks703 said:

Am I correctly remembering that GrayRod is from Texas? 

Perhaps this is in fact similar to Hall’s debut last year in Tampa. I think TB was the opponent last year that was geographically closest to Hall’s home. 

Maybe this is just giving him the courtesy of debuting close to his home. 

Doubt that was a factor.

What probably happened is they  determined that Bradish will miss a start so they decided to DL him, and that left them with 2 options:

1) Start Voth tomorrow and bring up a relief arm like Krehbiel to replace Bradish.

2) Start Grayson tomorrow and have Voth available for long relief.

They chose Door #2

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

On the bright side, if he does suddenly turn it around and win RoY no draft pick!

I don't see how it makes sense to have him publicly not make the team out of ST only to get called up a week later after a lackluster start.

They need a starter.  They weren’t expecting that when they sent him down.  Hall isn’t built up, the other AAA guys have pitched too recently, except Rom.  So really the only alternative is Voth.  We’ll see what they do.

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Doubt that was a factor.

What probably happened is they  determined that Bradish will miss a start so they decided to DL him, and that left them with 2 options:

1) Start Voth tomorrow and bring up a relief arm like Krehbiel to replace Bradish.

2) Start Grayson tomorrow and have Voth available for long relief.

They chose Door #2

Makes sense to me. Grayson vs Degrom should be fun.

19 minutes ago, interloper said:

I just rather stick to the plan and start Voth and call up Krehbiel. Voth should give you 4-5, and Akin could go 2. 

I want them to jettison the plan, accept Bradish's freak injury as a gift from the baseball gods and not look back.  Hey Grayson, have a chat with Tyler Wells about the benefits of unexpected opportunities and good luck tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, interloper said:

I just rather stick to the plan and start Voth and call up Krehbiel. Voth should give you 4-5, and Akin could go 2. 

How well has Voth been throwing?  I think he’s actually less built up than Grayson. 

I’m fine either way.  I don’t think either option is that great, to be honest.  Glad we have most of our bullpen available tomorrow.  

17 minutes ago, 24fps said:

I want them to jettison the plan, accept Bradish's freak injury as a gift from the baseball gods and not look back.  Hey Grayson, have a chat with Tyler Wells about the benefits of unexpected opportunities and good luck tomorrow.

I respect that.

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

How well has Voth been throwing?  I think he’s actually less built up than Grayson. 

I’m fine either way.  I don’t think either option is that great, to be honest.  Glad we have most of our bullpen available tomorrow.  

For me it's just like, how much better odds does this current (and hopefully temporary) lesser version of Grayson give you vs. Voth + bullpen game? I argue the difference is not enough to warrant an almost certain yo-yo situation. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, interloper said:

I respect that.

For me it's just like, how much better odds does this current (and hopefully temporary) lesser version of Grayson give you vs. Voth + bullpen game? I argue the difference is not enough to warrant an almost certain yo-yo situation. 

I don’t care about a yo-yo situation here.  This isn’t some relatively inexperienced minor leaguer having his development path interrupted.  This is a fully developed minor leaguer who is having admittedly serious hiccups this spring, but I don’t think making a major league start or two would hurt him so badly that we need to steer clear.   Quite simply, do whatever gives us the best chance to win tomorrow.