Food prices at Camden Yards

Going Underground

Just now, eddie83 said:

I was going to post a separate thread. I’ll just talk about Opening Day here. Had busy weekend. 

-The food lines OD were brutal. Yes, I get a ton of people but it was a joke. 

-bathroom lines were long but moved fast 

-the discount Birdland members get was not working on OD. How this is possible is just amazing

-I had really good seats on OD,  best ever. The speakers which are bad on other spots in the park are pathetic. I find it hard to believe they can’t take care of this. Let’s MSA reimburse them. It’s weak. 

Side note: I see on Saturdays gates will open 2 hours before games. Apparently no other days. 

When they are only going to have that level of attendance for one game this season it makes sense to not ramp things up fully and just have dissatisfied customers.

15 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I was going to post a separate thread. I’ll just talk about Opening Day here. Had busy weekend. 

-the discount Birdland members get was not working on OD. How this is possible is just amazing

-I had really good seats on OD,  best ever. The speakers which are bad on other spots in the park are pathetic. I find it hard to believe they can’t take care of this. Let’s MSA reimburse them. It’s weak. 

Side note: I see on Saturdays gates will open 2 hours before games. Apparently no other days. 

16 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

There were many years where the speakers were so loud that you could not have a conversation with the person sitting next to you, especially in between innings, or with batter intro songs. I may be outnumbered on this, but I like the volume turned down. 

4 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

There were many years where the speakers were so loud that you could not have a conversation with the person sitting next to you, especially in between innings, or with batter intro songs. I may be outnumbered on this, but I like the volume turned down. 

I’m not asking for a Vegas party style but it’s shouldn’t sound like a mush mouth from a 1980’s local fire hall.  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I’m not asking for a Vegas party style but it’s shouldn’t sound like a mush mouth from a 1980’s local fire hall.  

I saw Springsteen on Friday at CFG areana on Friday. Great new sound system. Why would anyone see Springsteen at Camden Y.ards ?Don't like stadium shows anyway.

6 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Plus Levy got a late start. They were still hiring managers and many employees in the last few weeks.

I was in town early. The team store on Thursday had no issue with the discount but a day it didn’t work. Maybe it did at team store? No idea. 

Also may not matter to some but no programs/yearbooks again.  Had a family member go to spring training. Twins sold them at Ft Myers, nothing at Sarasota. 

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I was in town early. The team store on Thursday had no issue with the discount but a day it didn’t work. Maybe it did at team store? No idea. 

Also may not matter to some but no programs/yearbooks again.  Had a family member go to spring training. Twins sold them at Ft Myers, nothing at Sarasota. 

Yes,someone mentioned that the Orioles don't bother with that anymore. 

Edited by Going Underground

5 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Yes,someone mentioned that the Oriikes don't bother with that anymore. 

I’m sure the cost benefit analysis said it’s not worthwhile. 

For what is worth I heard the toilet paper is super thin as well and I’m not lying. 

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I’m sure the cost benefit analysis said it’s not worthwhile. 

For what is worth I heard the toilet paper is super thin as well and I’m not lying. 

John Angelos doesn't give a s**t. He cares about the fans and Baltimore. Lol.

Edited by Going Underground

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

I saw Springsteen on Friday at CFG areana on Friday. Great new sound system. Why would anyone see Springsteen at Camden Y.ards ?Don't like stadium shows anyway.

The concerts don’t use the stadium sound system, do they?  Of course, I’d rather see almost any concert at a smaller indoor venue vs. a 40,000 seat outdoor stadium.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The concerts don’t use the stadium sound system, do they?  Of course, I’d rather see almost any concert at a smaller indoor venue vs. a 40,000 seat outdoor stadium.  

Bands playing in big arenas typically use a combination of their own speakers and the venue's PA system. The band's own speakers, also known as stage monitors, are used to provide the musicians with a mix of their own instruments and vocals. The venue's PA system, on the other hand, is used to amplify the sound for the audience. The sound engineer for the band typically works with the venue's sound engineer to ensure that the sound is balanced and clear for both the musicians and the audience.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Only select Saturdays.  It’s really dumb for multiple reasons.