The 2023 attendance thread

Frobby

11 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Thanks for the update.

It's pretty funny.  I watched some highlights of the legislators interviewing folks for the A's. 

L- Yes or no on this simple point.

A-Goes on without giving an actual answer.

L- Yes or no?

A- Goes on without giving an actual answer.

L- Well I'm wasting my time here so I'll give up the rest of my time.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's pretty funny.  I watched some highlights of the legislators interviewing folks for the A's. 

L- Yes or no on this simple point.

A-Goes on without giving an actual answer.

L- Yes or no?

A- Goes on without giving an actual answer.

L- Well I'm wasting my time here so I'll give up the rest of my time.

L

O

L

53 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Thanks for the update.

Ownership lost any negotiating leverage when they announced they were moving to Vegas prior to securing funding, I think Fisher is trying to beat out Angelos as the most inept owner.   

4 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

Ownership lost any negotiating leverage when they announced they were moving to Vegas prior to securing funding, I think Fisher is trying to beat out Angelos as the most inept owner.   

How does Angelos count as an inept owner?

He's raking in the money, he's got 600M in bribe money sitting there for him to take and the team is competitive.

Arte Moreno is an inept owner.

Edited by Can_of_corn

I was at the game yesterday, honestly was expecting more than 34k. Looks like they were not selling seats in LF upper deck, can't wait for that area to get repurposed. Side note: The concessions on the lower level are amazing compared to the upper level. Upstairs are dreadful. My son was relentless in his demands for chicken tenders. I buckled, and stood in a 15 minute line only to get to the grill area and have them tell me 5 more minutes for tenders. So we waited, and waited, and then the food was blah. They were $14 too. Never again :) 

Through 30 home dates (Friday’s game), the O’s attendance was 602,069, up from 472,840 last year, a 27.3% increase. If that rate of increase were maintained, the O’s would draw 1.737 mm fans this year.

Just looking at this weekend, the team drew 75,467.   Last year, the O’s had two weekend series in June, which drew 47,464 and 41,196.   So, that’s a huge increase.  

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Through 30 home dates (Friday’s game), the O’s attendance was 602,069, up from 472,840 last year, a 27.3% increase. If that rate of increase were maintained, the O’s would draw 1.737 mm fans this year.

Just looking at this weekend, the team drew 75,467.   Last year, the O’s had two weekend series in June, which drew 47,464 and 41,196.   So, that’s a huge increase.  

They are tryng to get to 1 8 to 2 mm.if everything goes well.1.8 mm. looks very doable with the Yankee and Met fans filling the stadium on back to back weekends and some popular giveaways coming up. 2 mm. would be tough but not totally impossible. Perhaps somewhere between the 1.8 to 2 mm.

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

Bobble heads help

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Bobble heads help

There have been bobbleheads most recent years, right?    

Are there more this year?   We've had Mounty & Adley, and I know we have Eddie Murray and Felix Bautista remaining on the schedule.   I think that's it.

Have we had 4 in a year in the past?   I don't know.   

But in terms of boosting attendance over recent seasons, you would have to show me that we have more bobbleheads this year or else it isn't a factor.