The 2023 attendance thread

Frobby

Through 40 games (Tuesday’s game), the O’s attendance was 809,511, up from 626,828 last year, an increase of 29.1% over last year.   If that were maintained, the O’s attendance would reach 1.767 mm this year.  

Attendance in this last 10 game segment was 207,442.   That’s a 34.7% increase over last year.  

The next two ten-game segments were the strongest of the year last year. So, we’ll see if that holds true this year.  Last night’s crowd of 21,152 was a good start, very solid for a weeknight game.  A comparable Wednesday night last June 22 drew 12,630.

We’d probably have done a little better the last several days if the weather had been more favorable.  

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

82,731 for the Marlins weekend series.  I’d call that good, not great.  The iffy weather probably scared away a bit of walk-up traffic.  

I'd love to know how that breaks doen individuallly... What it was for each individual game of the series. Saturday night looked like nearly a packed house and Friday Night looked pretty good too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I'd love to know how that breaks doen individuallly... What it was for each individual game of the series. Saturday night looked like nearly a packed house and Friday Night looked pretty good too.

23+, 28+, 30+.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

23+, 28+, 30+.

There's no way there were 30,000 actual people at the game today. Supposedly some corporation bought out the upper deck for their employees, but a whole lot of employees seem to have skipped the event. The O's get the money either way, so good for them I guess.

After three nice weekday crowds for the Dodgers series, attendance through 50 home games stands at 1,071,476, which is up 26.8% from last year, putting them on pace for about 1.735 mm for the year.  Frankly, I think they have a good chance to beat that, with a good playoff race looming for August and September.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Does crime stop fans from going to Ravens games? 

I live in one of the safest communities in the state, probably the country. And crime has not prevent me from attending a SINGLE game Ravens or Orioles that I wanted to go to. 

I was at the game Monday night and got the accompanying park pass in the Ravens lot. If anyone is worried about “crime” just do that. All you have to do is walk across the gated Ravens parking lot to enter the Orioles stadium.

It doesn’t matter to me either way, I park on Howard, Eutaw, and Conway plenty. I have never been accosted one time out of the thousand times or so that I have attended games for the two teams. 

The most that I have seen/ever see is houseless people asking for money or squeegee people trying to convince somebody into letting them wash their windows. 

If anyone wants to choose to live in fear and buy in to “fables” or what somebody told you or what you “heard” from watching infotainment passing itself off as news, that’s up to you. I am going to live me life and enjoy the time that I have and the things that I like/love to do with my family/friends before I am gone and my time is up.