Cedric Mullins 2023

interloper

Just now, spleen1015 said:

Does anyone rememeber any situations like today? There were 2.

1. HR gets brought back to maintain a lead only for it to not matter because the next batter ties it with a HR.

2. Player saves the day bringing back a HR only to hit one himself the next inning to put their team ahead.

Crazy the impact a good player like Ced can make.

Truly crazy catch. When he shielded his eyes, it looked like he lost the ball, I literally have no idea how he came up with that catch. As Buck would say, I'm glad he's ours.

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

Does anyone remember situations like today? There were 2.

1. HR gets brought back to maintain a lead only for it to not matter because the next batter ties it with a HR.

2. Player saves the day bringing back a HR only to hit one himself the next inning to put their team ahead.

Crazy the impact a good player like Ced can have.

i mean it mattered because the next home run is a walk off and mullins never bats in the 10th. 

6 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

Does anyone remember situations like today? There were 2.

Crazy the impact a good player like Ced can have.

It was the beginning of the game, instead of the end, but in the 1st inning of Game 1 of the 1997 ALCS, Brady Anderson robbed a homer and then proceeded to hit a lead off homer on the first pitch he saw. 

Today brought me back.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Malike said:

No, I feel like don't be offended for people that you don't represent. I know it's the cool thing to be the "savior" of other people, but we don't like it, it's actually offensive.

The last several pages are off topic and the conversation has turned sour. You’ve been around long enough to know better. I don’t know why you are stooping to the level. Please don’t buy in! 

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Well, time to check out everyone's reaction to Mullins's great day today...

troy-community.gif.96742987c698f18f5347497d9da7ba6d.gif

Mullins has clearly been missed during his time on the DL this season both on defense and in the lineup. I was actually surprised that he hasn’t been moved back into the lead off role. I’d imagine it’s coming. I wonder how many more wins we’d have if he was able to stay healthy this season.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Mullins has clearly been missed during his time on the DL this season both on defense and in the lineup. I was actually surprised that he hasn’t been moved back into the lead off role. I’d imagine it’s coming. I wonder how many more wins we’d have if he was able to stay healthy this season.

I actually think they might like hitting him lower.  He's not an OBP machine like Gunnar or Rutschman, but he is very good with runners on base.  Hitting him 5th might make a lot of sense.

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I actually think they might like hitting him lower.  He's not an OBP machine like Gunnar or Rutschman, but he is very good with runners on base.  Hitting him 5th might make a lot of sense.

Cedric actually has the second highest walk rate on the team (behind Adley). I am not opposed to him settling in a bit after his injury, but would like to see him higher in the lineup so he gets more ABs.

12 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I'm not concerned about where he bats in the order as long as his glove is in CF.  I think he slots just fine either in the top or middle of the order.  I think having him on base with some of the younger guys lower in the order batting (like Westburg or Cowser) can take some pressure off them, as well as open up holes in the infield due to holding Ced on base.

Edited by yark14