Cedric Mullins 2023

interloper

6 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

Cedric actually has the second highest walk rate on the team (behind Adley). I am not opposed to him settling in a bit after his injury, but would like to see him higher in the lineup so he gets more ABs.

This is true, but his walk rate this year is a bit atypical for his career.

I really don't care either way.  You're probably right.

29 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

The last several pages are off topic and the conversation has turned sour. You’ve been around long enough to know better. I don’t know why you are stooping to the level. Please don’t buy in! 

I've since self-moderated, thanks for your suggestion.

• Thanks 1

Just now, yark14 said:

I'm not concerned about where he bats in the order as long as his glove is in CF.  I think he slots just fine either in the top or middle of the order.  I think having him on base with some of the younger guys lower in the order batting (like Westburg or Cowser) can take some pressure off them, as well as open up holes in the infield due to holdig Ced on base.

No matter where he bats Mullins will be a problem for the other team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ledzepp8 said:

Give me a break. It was a topical throw away line more to do with a current hit movie than anything historical. It certainly wasn’t meant to be a shot at Japanese people. This is downright silly. 

I didn't take it in anyway the way that you are framing it ass-u-ming. It was a cringe-worthy line simply because it was an officially paid Orioles broadcaster taunting a defeated opponent and this is right after Kevin is returning from a ludicrous suspension, to go along with another unnecessary twitter war between Seattle and Baltimore media personalities.

Try thinking about things a little farther before you jump down people's throat.

The amazing thing to me about Cedric’s homer is that he’d gone 3 for 20 (all singles) in his rehab assignment and then 0 for 9 in his at bats this weekend before uncorking the loud foul and the homer.   He hadn’t looked good at all at the plate this weekend prior to that at bat.  

What a game for Cedric of course. The defense alone shows how much we've missed him out there and how special he really is in CF. 

It's been a tough year for him health wise, but he shows he can be game changing on either offense or defense at any moment.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

What a game for Cedric of course. The defense alone shows how much we've missed him out there and how special he really is in CF. 

It's been a tough year for him health wise, but he shows he can be game changing on either offense or defense at any moment.

When Cedric is playing at his best, the O’s are a great team.   Let’s hope he can stay healthy the rest of the way and be at the top of his game come playoff time.