Cedric Mullins 2023

interloper

They need to put Mullins back in the leadoff spot and leave him there.  He is the catalyst to this offense with his ability to work counts but be aggressive and baserunning.  It is time to get back in a more balanced lineup with some speed at the top.

Mullins

Adley

Henderson

Mountcastle/O'Hearn

Santander

Mountcastle/O'hearn 

Hays

Westburg

Frazier/Urias

I would still like to see them to see them put Adley 4th. 

Vs righties I would probably go Mullins at 1, Henderson at 2 and Adley 4…against lefties, I would go Mullins at 1, Mounty at 2, Adley at 4 and Henderson at 5.

I may put Westburg at 3 right now while Santander is struggling but those 2 going back and forth between 3 and 6 makes sense to me.

Leading up to the trade deadline, we fans wanted to see "a difference maker" and a "needle mover" in all the trade speculative threads. Well, we already have a difference maker on the Orioles roster who moves the needle. Cedric Mullins is a difference maker. It's so important that we have him back healthy and ready for the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is it clear to anyone else that Cedric is not 100% recovered from his injuries? Don't get me wrong, he's still playing pretty well, but just in watching him, he seems to be a touch slower offensively. His steals are way down, but even just watching him run out grounders, seems like he's being a little precautious. My assumption is they've told him to play at a speed he's comfortable with and let it fully heal in the off-season, obviously losing his defense alone would be a big blow to the team, not to mention he's still hitting decently and has been very clutch. 

I haven't heard anyone really mention this, so was just curious if I'm the only one seeing it this way. 

12 minutes ago, The B&G said:

Is it clear to anyone else that Cedric is not 100% recovered from his injuries? Don't get me wrong, he's still playing pretty well, but just in watching him, he seems to be a touch slower offensively. His steals are way down, but even just watching him run out grounders, seems like he's being a little precautious. My assumption is they've told him to play at a speed he's comfortable with and let it fully heal in the off-season, obviously losing his defense alone would be a big blow to the team, not to mention he's still hitting decently and has been very clutch. 

I haven't heard anyone really mention this, so was just curious if I'm the only one seeing it this way. 

Mullins has ran enough grounders out and stolen enough bases in his career for us. I’m fine with him being cautious. We need him for the playoff run, AL East title chase, then we do the extra 4-5 bases from here on out. Next season we’ll see him back in the leadoff spot and stealing bags.