Tuesday, April 11: Gas Can T-Shirt Night, O's vs A's

SteveA

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yep, some of us have been saying it all along.

As for Grayson, I'm not worried yet.  Just let him work things out in the majors unless he really falls apart.

Last season would have been a better time to do it but it is what it is.

When he was injured most of the year?

The expectation that a starting pitcher is legitimately good within his first two starts is unrealistic. I think it's much more practical to expect to see potential and correctable issues, both of which apply here. If it's still unrealized potential and uncorrected issues 10+ starts in, then fine. But there are so many moving parts this early that the end result is almost besides the point.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Apparently, Mountcastle had his nose on the ball and was able to sink down and get barrel to the ball. 

McDonald is quickly getting onto Bordick territory with the reuse of terms. Now if he calls RBIs "steaks" I'm done with him. :D

I don't think I ever heard that term before. When I played if you had your nose on the ball you were probably headed to the ER

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't know.

I'm actually fine with the analytics department having input into lineup decisions.  They should have the best data.

Remember, the Orioles analytics department decided that Aguilar should be acquired and played last September and played Odor pretty much everyday. 

It also does not use minor league split numbers for assessments as it decided Stowers had no chance against them. I'd like to think the more information the better, but I've seen the decisions they've made based off it.

My daughter ordered me a Vietnamese Sub?  What the hell is this crap?  Carrots shreds?  Hotter than hell.  Pork meat with large veins of fat running through it?  Why do the Vietnamese even make sandwiches?  My daughter said when the French took over they brought bread and sandwiches.  God it sucks.   I wonder if French subs suck as bad as Vietnamese?   Maybe I am just a grumpy old man?

When did I get old?   

• Haha 1

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Remember, the Orioles analytics department decided that Aguilar should be acquired and played last September and played Odor pretty much everyday. 

It also does not use minor league split numbers for assessments as it decided Stowers had no chance against them. I'd like to think the more information the better, but I've seen the decisions they've made based off it.

That would be why I italicized should Tony. 

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

My daughter ordered me a Vietnamese Sub?  What the hell is this crap?  Carrots shreds?  Hotter than hell.  Pork meat with large veins of fat running through it?  Why do the Vietnamese even make sandwiches?  My daughter said when the French took over they brought bread and sandwiches.  God it sucks.   I wonder if French subs suck as bad as Vietnamese?   Maybe I am just a grumpy old man?

When did I get old?   

Last Tuesday.

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

When did I get old?   

You are definitely grumpy. Banh mi are fantastic.