Gunnar Henderson 2023

Just Regular

43 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I hear ya, I think it will start clicking here again soon and once it does it should be a lot of fun to watch.  It took Julio Rodriguez a little while to get it going last year.

Taking Julio Rodriguez a little while to get going this year, too.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I agree with this.  But, I’d rather teach a disciplined hitter how and when to expand his cone than try to teach discipline to an undisciplined hitter.  

Yesss, we've certainly seen over the years how hard the latter is to achieve--and it's cost us dearly. Still feels weird to have so many hitters who know how to swing at only hittable pitches.

Seeing Gunnar hit one deep and round the bases for a triple to show off his speed was exciting tonight. I was a little concerned he might have knocked the air out of himself when he did that belly flop slide LOL, but he got right back up all fired up so it was all good. That's what ignited the spark to get us on the board and start winning.

I think he'll still make some noise in the Rookie race, though Masataka Yoshida is looking very strong early.

Volpe and Jung have a lot of counting stats, though even slumping Gunnar isn't far off them on the rates.     We saw Adley leapfrog Witt last year with lower raw numbers in the old school categories.

Yennier?

39 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I think he'll still make some noise in the Rookie race, though Masataka Yoshida is looking very strong early.

Volpe and Jung have a lot of counting stats, though even slumping Gunnar isn't far off them on the rates.     We saw Adley leapfrog Witt last year with lower raw numbers in the old school categories.

Yennier?

Corbin Carroll is on track for a 20-40 season.