Gunnar Henderson 2023

Just Regular

1 minute ago, Say O! said:

2023 season thru Aug 1st
bWAR // fWAR

Gunnar = 3.3 // 2.6

Manny = 2.5 // 2.7

obv just a snipet for this season, as peak Manny has been >7 WAR several seasons.

I’d say Gunnar has a good shot at some 7 WAR seasons.  

Gunner has really been on the struggle bus as of late.  To me he looks tired.  No energy.

He is  something like 6 for his last 40, 2 for his last 21, and he is only batting .237 on the year.

I expected a lot more.  He has played really good D and gotten hot for a couple of months, but overall I am not wowed......yet.   I would say none of the O's prize youngsters are living up to expectations so far.  From him to Cowser to G Rod.  Which is why I say the O's have been somewhat 'lucky' so far this year to have the record that they do. 

Next year I expect more.  These guys aren't 20 anymore.  There are lots of players their age who are raking. 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Gunner has really been on the struggle bus as of late.  To me he looks tired.  No energy.

He is  something like 6 for his last 40, 2 for his last 21, and he is only batting .237 on the year.

I expected a lot more.  He has played really good D and gotten hot for a couple of months, but overall I am not wowed......yet.   I would say none of the O's prize youngsters are living up to expectations so far.  From him to Cowser to G Rod.  Which is why I say the O's have been somewhat 'lucky' so far this year to have the record that they do. 

Next year I expect more.  These guys aren't 20 anymore.  There are lots of players their age who are raking. 

Not being wow'ed by Gunnar Henderson or Grayson Rodriguez is a very bad take.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hitting .276 / .325 / .540 / .865 since June 1st, which I think is about his normal production going forward. Maybe he'll draw more walks if teams start pitching around him, but given the other young talent in our system that will be batting in front of and behind him that might not be a viable option. Not to blaspheme, but Gunnar has a fair chance to be our best player since Cal. 

Edited by ShoelesJoe
  • Upvote 2