Orioles offer BRob 3yr 30 million

33rdst

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would probably offer him 4/40m , I honestly dont think Roberts is worth much above 10m a year I would maybe give him 3/33m. I think 3/30 is a fair deal.

Look at Pedroias recent deal, 6/40.5m, I am not a big Pedroia fan by any means but he won the MVP and he is younger then Brian. Also it looks like Orlando Hudson would be ecstatic if a team offered him 3/30m at this point.

So if Roberts wants much more then that I would say forget it and trade him. I would probably trade him either way but thats me.

Not that much higher.

Sign and trade, sign and trade...

Sign and trade is never done in baseball. Even since they repealed the rule where you could demand a trade if you were traded in the middle of a LT deal.

Trade and sign, with a window, is another story.

I would probably offer him 4/40m , I honestly dont think Roberts is worth much above 10m a year I would maybe give him 3/33m. I think 3/30 is a fair deal.

Look at Pedroias recent deal, 6/40.5m, I am not a big Pedroia fan by any means but he won the MVP and he is younger then Brian. Also it looks like Orlando Hudson would be ecstatic if a team offered him 3/30m at this point.

So if Roberts wants much more then that I would say forget it and trade him. I would probably trade him either way but thats me.

A 4-year extension for Roberts is a bad idea. Remember these extensions are being talked about on top of his current 1/$9M deal, so it'd be like signing him to a 5-year deal right now, which obviously he wouldn't be getting if he was a FA.

A 3-year extension is risky enough. Going 4 years is just a bad risk to take.

I think he's likely to be worth at least 3/36, but would rather get young players back for him. However, I agree with the sentiment that the market isn't strong for him, so not sure we can get enough for him.

So with all that said, and assuming we can't get what I'd want in a trade: 3/33.

A 4-year extension for Roberts is a bad idea. Remember these extensions are being talked about on top of his current 1/$9M deal, so it'd be like signing him to a 5-year deal right now, which obviously he wouldn't be getting if he was a FA.

A 3-year extension is risky enough. Going 4 years is just a bad risk to take.

I was not thinking of it as a extension on his current contract. So with that in mind I agree 3 years is the max I would give him.

This is incredibly bizzarre. When I read and copied the article the first time they discussed how the Orioles had offered Roberts a 3 yr contract for ten million per year. When I went back to recopy the url after SG said he was having problems with the link, the article had been edited and the info on Brob was removed. I wonder if someone let the cat out of the bag too soon by mistake. This was the first time I read the length of the contract offered to Brob in any article.

This is incredibly bizzarre. When I read and copied the article the first time they discussed how the Orioles had offered Roberts a 3 yr contract for ten million per year. When I went back to recopy the url after SG said he was having problems with the link, the article had been edited and the info on Brob was removed. I wonder if someone let the cat out of the bag too soon by mistake. This was the first time I read the length of the contract offered to Brob in any article.

I remember reading the same article earlier and it did say we offered Brob 3/30m so your not going crazy, they must have changed it.

Archived