4/30: Norfolk Wins And Rain Alters The Schedule

cboemmeljr

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Trying to figure out which part of this is the most absurd is really difficult.
    • If I am reading correct (and I may not  be) Gil is eligible for ROY but not the PPI pick as he was not on 2 of three top 100 list.  Can someone tell me if that is correct please. it would be nice to get another pick.
    • more evidence that fWAR is the better metric, right? cowser isn't below replacement level defensively - so that # should be positive, right?
    • The O's made the playoffs.   The players  Elias acquired at the deadline helped make that happen.  Without those players and with all the injuries the O's probably do not make the playoffs.   Eflin has been a key starter.  Dominguez has saved 10 for 11.   Soto has an ERA under 2.00 in September.    Slater is a better version of McKenna  and has helped in the outfield. The O's still have 2 or more years to fix Rogers.   I agree Jimenez did not help but he didn't cost much either.
    • I think the hottest ever saw an O's team enter the playoffs was 1974. 28 of 34, 16 of their last 18, including 9 in row to close it out. Won game one of the playoffs, lost the next 3 including 30 straight innings scoreless. what happened yesterday does not gaurentee today
    • As I have said before,  someone on the O's thinks they can fix Rogers or they would not have traded for him.   He has lost a couple of miles on this fastball and that could be mechanics. Rogers has 2 options left so they can fix his in ST and the minors.  His service clock is stopped while he is in the minors.  He has two more years of major league service time left. It's a little premature to count Rogers as a bust.   Acquiring his is adding a lefthanded starter to the O's pitching depth.  He will turns 27 in November which is not old.  Heck, Suarez is 34 and added a lot to O's pitching staff this season.  
    • You mean a AAAA starter.  Sometimes I think he thinks he’s smarter than everybody else, so he does things that no one else would do just to prove a point. I don’t actually think he wants to spend money on free agents. I think he likes the idea of trying to be the smartest man in the room. I think his attitude is going to change somewhat next off-season, After his many blunders at the trade deadline. 
  • Popular Contributors