UMD DUKE Thread

Floater

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that Greivis is a fiery player but next time he should keep his mouth shut. He said something like "this is my house" when asked about Cameron. If you say that you better not lose by 40+.

I agree w/some posters who've said that the team played scared. Its one thing to be playing hard and the shots simply aren't falling but its another to look tentative and unsure out there, playing with no conviction whatsoever.

As I mentioned earlier, I think this team wins 7 in the ACC, at best.

Does anyone think these guys have tuned Gary out?

I'll be interested in Gary's response to this.

He will comment that the game was unacceptable and take blame in the presser after this mess and then when called on it by fans, he will tell them to go root for Duke, or some wise answer.

In truth, I am a Gary supporter, but when I look at this, I see a collection of kids that Maryland settled for in the recruitment process.

To make matters worse, I looked at South Florida and see Gus Gilchrist has 17 points. I understand his attitude was questionable and he tried Maryland hostage but that is what happens when you are counting on JUCO and transfers as your key recruits.

This was one of the worst drubbings I've seen a Terps basketball team get in the almost 50 years I've followed the team. I was a student from 1961-1965 and can remember sitting in a relatively new, but nearly empty, Cole Fieldhouse watching some pretty bad Maryland teams play. Those teams were pretty bad.....but I just don't remember a team that looked THIS BAD!

That was possibly the most pathetic "performance" I've ever seen. Duke was the better team by a long shot, we knew that. But the Terps didn't even look interested. They had no idea what to do on offense. They looked scared. They didn't feel like boxing out for boards. They had no idea how to run a half court set. They didn't feel like getting back on defense...and when they did get back, they didn't feel like actually guarding anyone. GV loves runnin' his yap about Cameron being "his house", but then he stunk up the joint.

It's a shame how this team has fallen after the Nat'l Champ season. Every player, coach, and assistant should be completely embarrassed after that game.

And, one more thing...can we stop putting Hayes on the court as a starter? He's terrible. In the first 5 minutes of this game, he left Scheyer wide open 3 or 4 times, he had about 3 TOs, and he missed every shot he took. Then, later in the game, he started refusing to take wide open shots. Maybe they should stop playing 3 guards and give his minutes to Mosely or someone. Hayes does not belong as a starter.

Come on......... We have to give Gary another 3-4 years to prove his mediocrity.

He saved the Terps from the gloomy days. He won a Nat'l championship. Who cares if he then turned the team into a perennial NIT team who loses to Morgan St at home...and then screws the pooch against the Dookies in devastating fashion. He should be canonized...not fired. 3-4 years isn't quite enough...he should be here for life.

It'll be some sort of snide, dismissive comment.
He saved the Terps from the gloomy days. He won a Nat'l championship. Who cares if he then turned the team into a perennial NIT team who loses to Morgan St at home...and then screws the pooch against the Dookies in devastating fashion. He should be canonized...not fired. 3-4 years isn't quite enough...he should be here for life.

Thanks, Coach Williams ;)

Ok, NOW I have nothing else to say :laughlol:

Archived