Watching the game tonight: May 6 at Atlanta

FlaO'sFan

I watch my Oriole games with a subscription to mlb.com, but tonights game is a national broadcast on Fox, along with Boston & Philadelphia. It appears that I am not in the broadcast zone for the game  but instead will be getting the Red Sox & Phillies. Am I correct in remembering that I willl not be able to watch the game on mlb.com because of it being on Fox? 

https://506sports.com/

Edited by FlaO'sFan

1 hour ago, FlaO'sFan said:

I watch my Oriole games with a subscription to mlb.com, but tonights game is a national broadcast on Fox, along with Boston & Philadelphia. It appears that I am not in the broadcast zone for the game  but instead will be getting the Red Sox & Phillies. Am I correct in remembering that I willl not be able to watch the game on mlb.com because of it being on Fox? 

https://506sports.com/

That is correct … national TV broadcasts are blacked out on MLB. TV .. and sometimes the replay is not there either  .. if the MASN broadcast or Atlanta broadcast team are doing the game too then it will be on the replay option later on MLB.TV 

So Fox sports app or cable or subscription to FUBO or Sling etc .. 

• Thanks 1

Man MLB is so backwards with their rules. I live in Philly and Os blackout territory (Hanover PA - also Pirates and Nats blackout territory!)Tonight I get Boston Phil on Fox with literally NO option to watch the Os game. That’s ridiculous. Why have overlapping region areas playing on same night and not alternative?  Just stupid. 

35 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Man MLB is so backwards with their rules. I live in Philly and Os blackout territory (Hanover PA - also Pirates and Nats blackout territory!)Tonight I get Boston Phil on Fox with literally NO option to watch the Os game. That’s ridiculous. Why have overlapping region areas playing on same night and not alternative?  Just stupid. 

I live just south of Nashville and I can't get Braves, Cardinals and Reds games.  I subscribe to MLB.TV so VPN to the rescue, but I agree, it's not a great situation for out-of-town fans.

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

On Fox 

Oh, sweet!! Thank you so much for answering me! I don't think I will be watching Sunday's game because it's way too early for me. I sleep during the day. I'm just so confused as to why the game on Sunday is starting in the morning? It's the only morning game on the schedule this whole season. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

Oh, sweet!! Thank you so much for answering me! I don't think I will be watching Sunday's game because it's way too early for me. I sleep during the day. I'm just so confused as to why the game on Sunday is starting in the morning? It's the only morning game on the schedule this whole season. 

Peacock has a Sunday package that started last week and runs through Labor Day.   They start the games at 11:30 or 12:00 and no other MLB teams are allowed to start until 1:30, so the Peacock network gets an exclusive window during that time.

Tomorrow's happens to be broadcast on NBC (who owns Peacock) as well so anyone can see it.   But the other Peacock Sunday games are only available to subscribers of Peacock.   The Orioles have one more game on the Sunday Peacock schedule, a noon start vs the Twins in July.

Edited by SteveA
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Fiver6565 said:

MLB is trying to alienate the fans they have, screw trying to bring in new ones.