Rosenthal says Roberts wants 4 years to stay

McNulty

Robbie Alomar is a first ballot Hall of Famer. Brian, as much as I like him, will only get to visit the hall. Robbie Alomar never loved the game? Where do you get this stuff? Sheesh!!!! :rolleyes:

There is no way Robbie Alomar is a first ballot HOF...no way! And, where do I get this stuff? It's my opinion. Isn't that where you got your stuff...your opinion?

I, like many here, watched them both for several years. At this stage in their careers, age 30 or so, I take BRob over Alomar every time. Robbie was a great player in his early years, but he flamed out quickly. His work habits suffered and so did his performance. He didn't love the game at that time. Maybe he did in San Diego and Toronto, but definitly not in Balmer.

Look, I'm not piling-on the guy for his recently revealed problems. I'm saddened by them in fact. But Brian is the definition of the term "Ballplayer." Robbie had tremendous talent and athleticism, but when he got a little older and a step slower those attributes couldn't carry him anymore.

The point was, it was not a valid comparison.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived