Should we call up Westburg or Ortiz and shuttle Henderson back down?

DocJJ

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

How did I know my Fio reference would draw a response from you?  🤣

The only thing I’ll add to your narrative is that, at the time Fio was called up, his teammate Nick Markakis was on the shelf for a few days with a minor injury. Otherwise, it might have been Nick rather than Fio who was called up.  That wouldn’t have been any more logical, but it might have happened.  

Now I remember why I have an outsized memory of Jeff Fiorentino.  For a guy who only got into 58 major league games spread across four seasons, he certainly left his mark! 🤣 

Can’t believe yet another thread on this and it’s gotten to four pages. This is not going to happen nor should it.  That should be the end of this thread but somehow it won’t be. And even if it is, another will pop up soon enough!

10 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Can’t believe yet another thread on this and it’s gotten to four pages. This is not going to happen nor should it.  That should be the end of this thread but somehow it won’t be. And even if it is, another will pop up soon enough!

If it makes you feel better, at least half a page is discussing Jeff Fiorentino! :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, interloper said:

I feel like someone needs to write a book about the Beattie-Flanny years. Add in the Jim Duquette years for good measure. Just stunning incompetence during that time from a baseball operations perspective. Full on winging it. Of course no disrespect to Flanny, who was a great person and whose loss really got me. But none of these GMs really had a handle on the FO like even Dan Duquette did. 

The sad thing is they were all more competent than Syd Thrift……

Like Tony I think he has until the end of the month.   There has to be a semblance of competition, he’s getting good pitches to hit but they aren’t finding the barrel.  

I too remember Fio but only from the hair!!