Friday, May 12: O's vs. Pirates

FlaO'sFan

Just now, Tony-OH said:

I really don't like him Ben McDonald has become this huge apologists. He needs to call out Mateo on that throw, not give credit to the speed of the runner forcing Mateo's error.

And I don't care what the knucklehead game scorer ruled, that's an error by Mateo.

Not everyone is as brave as Jim Palmer.  McDonald is still in the being friends with the players to say anything bad.  

And it sometimes causes problems.  Dennis Eckersly famously told the truth on the RedSox network....David Price got all bitchy and publically called him out on a team flight.  

4 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Yeah I think you’d be waiting awhile. 

I actually don’t have anything I’m actively playing right now other than the Show. But I also don’t have a ton of time. Regardless I could see me biting the bullet if I see too many good reviews from friends haha.

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Not everyone is as brave as Jim Palmer.  McDonald is still in the being friends with the players to say anything bad.  

And it sometimes causes problems.  Dennis Eckersly famously told the truth on the RedSox network....David Price got all bitchy and publically called him out on a team flight.  

The thing is, when Ben started part time, he was very good at being honest. It seems like someone had a talk to him and told him to go to the Jim Hunter school of broadcasting minus the two-game hitting streak comments. 

Now Ben does make some good comments, but he and Brown can get a little too forgiving when it's obvious a bad play by the player.

Watching the Norfolk game on my laptop......I will say Colton Cowser passes the eye test.  He looks like a legit Major Leaguer.  I think he is going to be very good.   He is a big kid, fast and strong.  Lots to like.