5/13 - Rainy Saturday vs Pirates

Tony-OH

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And I don't think that spray chart shows anything that can accurately be described as a "very narrow spray".

To me a "very narrow spray" would indicate very specific grouping of hit balls not general pockets of increased frequency.

Does Mountcastle's spray chart look starkly different than that of Mullins?

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/cedric-mullins-ii/17929/spray-charts?position=OF&type=battedball

You can read into my throw away statement all that you want. I don't want to play your game. I believe Mountcastle is not unlucky. I think teams position their players to how they plan to pitch him.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

You can read into my throw away statement all that you want. I don't want to play your game. I believe Mountcastle is not unlucky. I think teams position their players to how they plan to pitch him.

I think every team does that with every player.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

I don't know - if he keeps up a 0.79 WHIP, what do I care how he gets the outs?

Because he’s not going to continue to have a 0.79 WHIP without more strikeouts.  The BABIP gods giveth and the BABIP gods taketh away.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2023&month=0&season1=2023&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2023-01-01&enddate=2023-12-31&sort=12,a

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

I missed a few innings. Did Gunnar hit a home run?

Yes.  He homered in the second inning.  Ball was caught by a fan in the first row of the right field bleachers, just to the left of the scoreboard.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

I hate all these interviews and stuff in the middle of the game.  Do this either before or after the game or in-between innings or something.  Not in the middle of game action.  

I typical don't either, but when he have a guy who played in the Negro Leagues, I'm ok with making an exception.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WillyM said:

Yes.  He homered in the second inning.  Ball was caught by a fan in the first row of the right field bleachers, just to the left of the scoreboard.

Awesome. Thanks for the details!

He was getting close the past few games so it's good he finally got one over!