Monday, May 15: Grayson Rodriguez vs Shohei Ohtani

SteveA

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Cedric blast #6 brings us back within 4 runs with 4 innings left.

Wow has the broadcast mentioned that Jorge Mateo is now 3 for 34 with 2 walks since May 3rd? During that stretch the BA has dropped from .338 to .261.

Nah, they don't talk about that. I don't know if they've been instructed to stay positive all the time, or they went to a Jim Hunter seminar called, "How to stay employed by being overly positive all the time!"

3 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Cedric blast #6 brings us back within 4 runs with 4 innings left.

Wow has the broadcast mentioned that Jorge Mateo is now 3 for 34 with 2 walks since May 3rd? During that stretch the BA has dropped from .338 to .261.

Including tonight Mateo has 4 hits in 39 at bats during the month of May. We knew Mateo was going to cool down eventually the question is where does he level off at as a hitter.

2 minutes ago, justD said:

You're so quick to generalize about what people complain about.  Again, like the last time I was called out, I'm complaining about a hyped, #1-rated starting pitching prospect in all of baseball coming up and not being able to get through 4 innings, just like so. many. before. 

I don't know how long you've been following the Orioles, but that pattern has gotten really, really old. 

Game threads are for venting.  That's what I use them for. 

Have at it! It makes sense that game threads are roped off for that purpose. Just not my scene I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

We need three innings by Voth. This is a good role for him as long as he has a full inning to warm up.

Got the first one done 3-up, 3-down. Game has settled back down--let's score!

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Nah, they don't talk about that. I don't know if they've been instructed to stay positive all the time, or they went to a Jim Hunter seminar called, "How to stay employed by being overly positive all the time!"

They talk about that stuff plenty. They just were yesterday about Stowers in fact. And they talked about Adley’s recent 0-19. 

Just now, LA2 said:

Got the first one done 3-up, 3-down. Game has settled back down--let's score!

Yep, that was nice settle down inning. Hopefully they can scrape another 1 or 2 runs this inning. Be nice to get Ohtani out of the game.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is why the game thread is literally for this. It helps to not bleed over to the other parts of the hangout that allows for reason. 

Getting on people for being emotional in a thread that is literally design to allow people to cheer and vent together is against the spirit of the game thread. No one is held responsible for what they say here. 

You don't get quoted in other threads. You're allowed to just be pissed or just be joyful.

Given what you’re saying here you might have some cleaning up to do on the main board LOL. 

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

Given what you’re saying here you might have some cleaning up to do on the main board LOL. 

Can't stop every emotional response and besides, the board learns who to take serious and who not to by their posts there. People may not know it, but most people know your reputation.