Thursday, May 18 (early afternoon): Orioles end 10 game homestand

SteveA

4 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I have to think we lead the league in give back runs immediately after we tie or take the lead...its amazing to me.

I seriously doubt that.   If we did, we wouldn't have the record we do.

Certainly we remember it every time it happens and it FEELS like it is happening more.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Mountcastle is like Man, you go through some cold streaks.

I was thinking about Mountcastle and his production. So, you're better versed in the advanced stats than I am... let's assume his stats from 2021.

Would a player that goes through frigid cold spells or a guy that has a pretty flat line, but the results are the same, have or be more valuable? Or does it matter?

1 minute ago, maybenxtyr said:

I was thinking about Mountcastle and his production. So, you're better versed in the advanced stats than I am... let's assume his stats from 2021.

Would a player that goes through frigid cold spells or a guy that has a pretty flat line, but the results are the same, have or be more valuable? Or does it matter?

I could swear I've read an article about this but it was years ago and I may be hallucinating.  Let me see if I can dig something up.

13 minutes ago, Dibbs31 said:

Mateo absolutely killing us with the bat

Still better than Ortiz offensively and defensively. I mean, yea, his ABs are frustrating when he goes through his automatic out weeks. But he's the best we got right now. So it is what it is.

• Confused 1