Yankees Series

Moose Milligan

14 hours ago, Mr-splash said:

I would pitch around Judge. All they have right now is Judge and Rizzo. If he chases he chases. If not take the base.

Seconded.  Pitch him exactly like we did in that late September series last year where everyone was whining about how we wouldn’t challenge him.  Too bad!   The idea is to win the games.  

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Frobby said:

Seconded.  Pitch him exactly like we did in that late September series last year where everyone was whining about how we wouldn’t challenge him.  Too bad!   The idea is to win the games.  

Hopefully MLB isn't supplying him with hot balls this time.

• Upvote 1

Stealing the opener with Cole would be huge. 

I can't seem to come up with a reason why we should be super scared of the Yankees. Cole and Cortes are the big challenges. If we can keep it close in those games, there's no reason we can't win them close and late like we've been doing all year. 

The big task will be to not have SP implosions. 

Throw strikes.  Pitch around Judge when tied or men on.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yep.  Take the bat out of Judge's hand in leveraged spots (tied, men on, etc.) when you can and challenge the next guy.  

Just now, Emory Eagle said:

Cole is going to be tough, but he is prone to the home run ball (or was last year at least), and we all know Yankee stadium is a little league park.  

That said, seems like all of our SPs are fairly HR prone as well… not a good stadium and matchup for Wells.

13 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

The Orioles have enough tall large men to form an athletic NCAA Offensive Line if you add Ben McDonald into the mix. Between Felix, Wells, G-Rod, Ben, Baker, and the solid muscle of Santander & Gunnar... they've got some body guards in the organization.

Trust me, nobody is going to go searching for those guys in a brawl. Of course they're not. They're going after Mullins and Frazier.

55 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

Cole is going to be tough, but he is prone to the home run ball (or was last year at least), and we all know Yankee stadium is a little league park.  

Tyler Wells hasn't had a bad game yet, but I am 100% prepared for the bad game to feature like 4 home runs.     We'll see what spots he goes to if/when he gets Rizzo/Judge 0-1.

The solos rarely beat you, it is said.

FWIW, Cole was 1-2 against the O’s last year, with a 4.29 ERA — despite dominating the O’s in previous years.  

Bradish had two starts against the Yankees last year, one bad and one good.  He’s had a few good starts in a row.  Let’s hope he’s on his game tonight.  

19 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Tyler Wells hasn't had a bad game yet, but I am 100% prepared for the bad game to feature like 4 home runs.     We'll see what spots he goes to if/when he gets Rizzo/Judge 0-1.

The solos rarely beat you, it is said.

I hate adage. Solos beat you when the other starter is Cole.