Wednesday, May 24: Orioles try to rebound from tough loss at Yankee Stadium

SteveA

2 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Why did Baumann just not go back out there??

One of my biggest criticisms of Hyde is that he doesn't let guys who are converted starters like Voth and Baumann go a 2nd inning a lot of times even when they have a good first inning, and ends up over-using other guys in the pen.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Terrible. Now bringing in Coulombe to face Rizzo. 

People seem to act like our bullpen is a huge strength but lately all I’ve wanted is to drink a bottle of Pepto when I see any of these guys not named Cano on the mound. 

Not me. I’ve know bullpen has been trash all season. Cano aside of course 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The Braves currently hold the tie break leading the season series 6-5. Bottom line, regardless of what happens tomorrow, the Mets have to win both games of the Mon. Double header vs. the Braves to get in.  
    • Detroit is one of those teams that got hot at the right time. I think they have won 6 in a row and were 9-1 in their last 10. I checked yesterday I think, but getting hot at the right time is huge for the Tigers. I think Texas last season got hot at the right time and they were like a freaking buzz saw.    I picked Baltimore to be a wild card before the season started, but had them going farther in the playoffs. I hope these guys can get it done. 🕊️
    • With either team as the opponent, the key is going to be us.  At full strength, our lineup is just flat out better than either KC’s or DET’s. Not by a little. By a lot. Witt is unreal, and Perez, Greene, and Carpenter are all really good. But behind those guys, it’s a bunch of mostly light hitters that have had their hot streaks (with DET’s being mostly ongoing) that don’t really compare to the depth in our lineup. If our pitching mostly holds up, we’ll win as long as our hitters do what they can do. Both of those are giant question marks, obviously, and the season will hang on the answer our guys provide. But you really can’t ask for much more than an opportunity to go into a series saying we think we’re better on paper than them and we just need to perform — that certainly didn’t feel like the case last year, with the way the Rangers hit up and down the lineup all season.
    • It looks to me like KC is happy to rest and get ready for the Astros with the way they used Witt. The White Sox actually have something to play for...with a win they avoid the worst winning percentage of the 162-game era, although 41-121 is not a lot better than 40-120.  To bad it looks like Detroit can back in at this point with the Braves much more motivated than the Royals.
    • Let's just try to win 1 playoff game before we think about a 2nd round game.
    • How is the extra hitter just "a possibility" for the WC roster? If you can't get through 3 (at most) games with 12 pitchers, you're either doing something wrong or you desperately need to spend heavily on adding better pitchers in the offseason.    
  • Popular Contributors