Wednesday, May 24: Orioles try to rebound from tough loss at Yankee Stadium

SteveA

8 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Elias should be trading for a bullpen arm when trade season heats up in addition to a starting pitcher.

Make sure he trades one of our only SP prospects for a one inning relief pitcher who walks at the end of the season.  I want more of that crap please.  

4 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Givens weight is listed at 250 lbs right now and I didn't believe it until seeing him pitch with the Orioles this season. He's gotten chunkier.

It seems to limit how much he can do his characteristic momentum-building twist before throwing.

4 hours ago, SteveA said:

One of my biggest criticisms of Hyde is that he doesn't let guys who are converted starters like Voth and Baumann go a 2nd inning a lot of times even when they have a good first inning, and ends up over-using other guys in the pen.

I'm beginning to think what Hyde is doing is trying to condition every member of the bullpen to being available almost everyday--thus, the sub-2-inning slices (except Cano as long as his magic lasts).