Rangers Series

Moose Milligan

I’m to the point where I know we can win going into every game. This team is as good as any in the league. The Yard should be a fun scene this weekend. 

I like that bullpen ranking for them. Need to work the count early and often and dive into the middle relief portion of that. Probably the key to this series. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I don't see Texas as better than TOR or TB. I'll be disappointed if we don't win this one. Sweep would be nice 

I see them as better than Toronto, for sure.  

As with any series, I'm hoping for 2/3.  

Don't forget, we get to wear our awesome City Connect jerseys tonight!

• Haha 1

I can be a little too negative and have to remember the O's just passed the litmus test for any baseball team-they went into NY and punched them in the face after a terrible loss.  It's been a decade since the Orioles have won back to back series in NY!!

I too am curious to see the attendance this weekend, I'm sure the warehouse is also.  If I'm in the warehouse this weekend could be good for modeling attendance if the Orioles contend-ton of exposure with the new uniforms, lot of momentum, an exciting opponent.  If attendance is up dramatically Elias would have a good case for expanding payroll at the deadline....could be very telling of his relationship with JA.    

Having watched game 1 last night, I have to confess that I'm a little bit envious of the way the Rangers convert baserunners into runs. Jim Palmer said they were the best in baseball right now when they get a runner on, they usually get their runners home. Sure enough, just about every time a Ranger got on base, another batter drove him in.

I wish we did that instead of leaving so many runners stranded. Must be nice to have such a successful conversion rate. 

20 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Having watched game 1 last night, I have to confess that I'm a little bit envious of the way the Rangers convert baserunners into runs. Jim Palmer said they were the best in baseball right now when they get a runner on, they usually get their runners home. Sure enough, just about every time a Ranger got on base, another batter drove him in.

I wish we did that instead of leaving so many runners stranded. Must be nice to have such a successful conversion rate. 

I am a big advance the runner guy, it's especially important with the extra inning rules.  LOB with two outs doesn't bother me as much as less than two outs.  Much of that skill is now valued less than power, Paul Blair averaged around 18 in his good years-nowadays guys are around 6-7.  Even Cal bunted.  It's almost as fun to watch a guy like Adley with little speed but great instincts take an extra base as it is to watch Mateo hit a triple!!

21 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

I am a big advance the runner guy, it's especially important with the extra inning rules.  LOB with two outs doesn't bother me as much as less than two outs.  Much of that skill is now valued less than power, Paul Blair averaged around 18 in his good years-nowadays guys are around 6-7.  Even Cal bunted.  It's almost as fun to watch a guy like Adley with little speed but great instincts take an extra base as it is to watch Mateo hit a triple!!

18 sacrifice bunts?   Sounded high so I checked.  Blair once had 17 sacrifices, which is a lot, and hit double digits 3 other seasons.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

18 sacrifice bunts?   Sounded high so I checked.  Blair once had 17 sacrifices, which is a lot, and hit double digits 3 other seasons.

So nice that I can trust if someone makes up a stat around here someone else will go ahead and fact check it.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So nice that I can trust if someone makes up a stat around here someone else will go ahead and fact check it.

9 players in all of ML baseball had 6 or more sacrifice bunts last year.   The leader had 12.   You’re welcome.  😄

And Cal did bunt.  He had 10 sacrifices in a 20 year career.

Edited by RZNJ