Rangers Series

Moose Milligan

On 5/26/2023 at 12:08 AM, ShoelesJoe said:

I'm expecting something of a let down after they kicked ass on this road trip. It'll be up to the veterans, Hyde, and the coaches to do what they can to make sure that doesn't happen, but human nature is what it is. 

I will be ecstatic is we go 2-1, but am expecting to lose 2 of 3. Please don't let us get swept. 

The team has been flat the whole series. If nothing changes by the third inning tomorrow I'd expect Hyde to do something that will get him tossed just to breath life into his guys. 

6 hours ago, RZNJ said:

9 players in all of ML baseball had 6 or more sacrifice bunts last year.   The leader had 12.   You’re welcome.  😄

And Cal did bunt.  He had 10 sacrifices in a 20 year career.

I have memory of watching Cals 1990 sacrifice bunt on TV. Im not sure why they would want Cal to sacrifice but like you said, he did 10 times. 

35 minutes ago, banks703 said:

Seriously. Burn these unis. 

This series looks to have deflated them. They made Heaney look like Tom Glavine today. 

They lost two games step back from the ledge.  I believe in some of our best seasons we had 5+ game losing streaks.  Kremer pitched a good game and if Baker does his job he goes 6+ with 2 earned runs.  Heaney has pitched pretty well this season minus the 1st start of the season vs us and one other one.  He has 5 starts in 10 now giving up 1 run or less in them.  

• Upvote 1

Starting last Friday, the Orioles played two series on the road against highly-regarded AL East teams.  They responded well to the opportunity.

Now the Rangers have a series on the road against a top-notch AL East team, and they have responded well to the opportunity.

Have to give them credit.   They did just what the Orioles did.

I really feel like we need another star power hitter who also has a good batting average if we are going to get over the hump. That and a #1 pitcher. 

The Orioles pitched good today but that didn't get them the win. You can't win if you can't drive in runs for score.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I really feel like we need another star power hitter who also has a good batting average if we are going to get over the hump. That and a #1 pitcher. 

The Orioles pitched good today but that didn't get them the win. You can't win if you can't drive in runs for score.

They lost by two and gave up two outs on the basepaths.  Can't blame the hitters if the guys on base give themselves up.

7 hours ago, RZNJ said:

18 sacrifice bunts?   Sounded high so I checked.  Blair once had 17 sacrifices, which is a lot, and hit double digits 3 other seasons.

That was poorly written by me, did not mean to infer sac bunts meant 18 total sacrifices, most of which were SF's not bunts.  Can't recall any Oriole in this era with 18 sacrifice bunts-that's an awful lot of bunts.

2 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I feel like the offense has been terrible outside of  3 weeks

12 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

The team has been flat the whole series. If nothing changes by the third inning tomorrow I'd expect Hyde to do something that will get him tossed just to breath life into his guys. 

Didn’t help the Yankees much. 

8 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

I feel like the offense has been terrible outside of  3 weeks

Well, that’s utterly wrong.  I’ve been tracking them in 10-game batches and they’ve scored 50+ runs in 4 of the 5.  Even in the other one they scored 42.  

• Upvote 1

I see ESPN now listing Cody Bradford for TEX today, as Dunning is on paternity leave.

He is another "throws Left" so we'll see what Hyder does with McCann and McKenna after yesterday's strong Heaney game.

This will be Bradford's second career game - on 5/15, he made it 5 innings against Atlanta, letting in 6 runs.    His AAA dazzling - 0.99 ERA in 45 Pacific Coast League innings.

58 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I see ESPN now listing Cody Bradford for TEX today, as Dunning is on paternity leave.

He is another "throws Left" so we'll see what Hyder does with McCann and McKenna after yesterday's strong Heaney game.

This will be Bradford's second career game - on 5/15, he made it 5 innings against Atlanta, letting in 6 runs.    His AAA dazzling - 0.99 ERA in 45 Pacific Coast League innings.

We need Bradford to pull a Grayrod last start kinda day.  I feel like this team is due for a 15-1 victory.  Even crappy teams have had one of those games but not the O's.

On 5/27/2023 at 12:08 PM, Can_of_corn said:

So nice that I can trust if someone makes up a stat around here someone else will go ahead and fact check it.

I strive to be accurate and in Blair's 4 best year's he averaged 18 sacrifices.  I did not specify bunts or flys, in fact I do not reference bunts until at the end with Cal.  Sorry if it was poorly written as you are not the only one who took it that way.