Friday May 26: City Connect O's start homestand vs Texas...Gray vs Grayson

SteveA

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

GRod throwing too many waste pitches after he gets ahead. Adley keeps calling for the out of zone high heat.  One thing to do it once but he is doing it a lot. 

Pitch count getting up there because of it.

He’s been doing that with great consistency since his debut. I’m not sure why he isn’t being coached to pitch with his fastball at the top of the zone? With all of the modern launch angle obsession, his fastball velo with help him neutralize that. The batters will either swing through it or make weak fly ball contact. Verlander has executed that for years.

Just now, Bemorewins said:

He’s been doing that with great consistency since his debut. I’m not sure why he isn’t being coached to pitch with his fastball at the top of the zone? With all of the modern launch angle obsession, his fastball velo with help him neutralize that. The batters will either swing through it or make weak fly ball contact. Verlander has executed that for years.

I'm pretty confident he's trying to pitch up, not at the batters head level, he's just missing. He is young, let's all freak out!