Tex turns down 8/140 from Rangers

Sports Guy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the negotiating ballpark appears to begin around 7/126.

Since people are going to want to discuss Tex anyway, I'll ask the question, what sort of offer should we make to him after 2008?

Who's to say he just won't re-sign with Atlanta? It's very possible....I'm not going to get all worked up about this.

Kind of makes you wonder if we had drafted Tex instead, would he have already signed an extension or would he be in a Braves uniform right now?

Who's to say he just won't re-sign with Atlanta? It's very possible....I'm not going to get all worked up about this.

Kind of makes you wonder if we had drafted Tex instead, would he have already signed an extension or would he be in a Braves uniform right now?

Somehow I don't see Atlanta paying him 200 million. Shuerholz is going for broke this season and next. Chipper Jones is aging, Andruw Jones is leaving. Smoltz isn't getting any younger. It makes sense for him to take the picks for Tex and Jones and rebuild. It wouldn't surprise me to see him step down after 2008 and hand the reins over to Frank Wren...

Well, we can all discuss how much he'll get like we really know, or not...you never know if he'll get 200 million, and if A.Jones leaves, he'll fit nicely into that middle of the order for Atlanta...you just never know.

Archived