Aaron Hicks (Update: Signed by the Orioles to replace Mullins)

cboemmeljr

45 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Wow.  I consider myself an Orioles fanatic that has followed the Orioles closely since the late 80's and the minor leagues closely since joining this board.  I have absolutely zero recollection of Omar Quintanilla being on the 2012 Orioles, a season where I was hanging on every game during that playoff hunt.

I wonder if he is related to Carl Quintanilla from CNBC? His stock recommendations should also get negative war 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Oh Ok--understood. Thanks.

I mean if anything that just makes your point - these contributions from some of these guys are certainly forgettable.

The Yankees were annoyingly exceptional at this during those late 90's / 2000's years.  They'd pluck some journeyman out of nowhere and he'd perform like an all-star for them for a few months.  Then they'd dispose of him and just find the next guy and do the same thing.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I mean if anything that just makes your point - these contributions from some of these guys are certainly forgettable.

The Yankees were annoyingly exceptional at this during those late 90's / 2000's years.  They'd pluck some journeyman out of nowhere and he'd perform like an all-star for them for a few months.  Then they'd dispose of him and just find the next guy and do the same thing.  

Forgettable, yet indispensable during a team's successful season.

20 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Wow.  I consider myself an Orioles fanatic that has followed the Orioles closely since the late 80's and the minor leagues closely since joining this board.  I have absolutely zero recollection of Omar Quintanilla being on the 2012 Orioles, a season where I was hanging on every game during that playoff hunt.

Who could forget 2012?  It is forever etched into our collective memory as the season of Lew Ford!

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Hicks is looking pretty good. He had a homer robbed, and hit a shot up the middle but right at Crawford. 

Hicks and O’Hearn are providing some nice ABs. Toss Frazier in there too. There’s a hate thread for all three. 

I still hate the Hicks signing. Really hope he is a placeholder for Cowser or even Haskin.

I really like O'Hearn. I would like to see more. If he hits, keep riding it. If not, hopefully lights a fire under Mountcastle 

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I still hate the Hicks signing. Really hope he is a placeholder for Cowser or even Haskin.

I saw Haskin play last night. I was surprised to see him in Bowie. Was he on a rehab assignment? Not sure why he was in AA when he had been playing decent in AAA.

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I saw Haskin play last night. I was surprised to see him in Bowie. Was he on a rehab assignment? Not sure why he was in AA when he had been playing decent in AAA.

Yeah he’s in rehab. He was in Aberdeen right before Bowie. 

On 6/2/2023 at 1:38 PM, glenn__davis said:

I couldn’t have remembered his name, but I certainly recalled him once he was mentioned.  What I didn’t remember is that he actually stuck with the team the whole rest of the year once we acquired him in late July.  I thought he was here a few weeks and then gone.  

2 minutes ago, Snutchy said:

I think he may have taken a bad route to the ball and turned it into a harder play than it had to be. Still a solid play though.

That was my initial reaction too. He made it look harder than it had to be. But he did make the catch and he's been showing good range out there. I'm still taking a wait and see approach before I start complimenting him.