Uniform Choices

cboemmeljr

Here's hoping the Giants opt for their home whites tonight since the O's usually wear their orange jerseys on Saturdays.  Was it just me or was it difficult to watch black jerseys with orange lettering going against orange jerseys with black lettering?  If you didn't know better you might have thought you were watching an intra-squad game in Sarasota.  

Looking at the Giants' last 2 home games in May, they wore Black jerseys against MIL and White jerseys against FLA.  I'm sure there's coordination among equipment guys in the league.  This also reminded me of a spring training game a few years back when the Astros and Orioles both wore orange jerseys on the field.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Can’t say it bothered me.  I’m not someone who pays a lot of attention to the uniforms.  In fact, it bothers me that they have so many variations, due to MLB’s craven efforts to sell ever more merchandise.  

So you're saying you don't want a special edition on-field Father's Day cap where the logos have baby blue accents? That's what makes them special edition!

image.thumb.png.7fa2fe42083e38c570163edf739efaad.png

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Yeah, I hadn't seen those orange Giants jerseys before. Seems like orange should be an O's thing. I found it irksome as well. 

The orange/black v black/orange is a bit Spring Trainingy, but the Giants have been wearing orange alternates like that for a long time so I don't think we can claim full Orange Dominion.  🙂

They wore a different orange one sometimes during their 2010s dynasty years, and looks like the current one is a throwback. 

Willie-McCovey-1980-San-Francisco-Giants-Orange-Alternate-Jersey - 1980s  Baseball

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Yeah, I hadn't seen those orange Giants jerseys before. Seems like orange should be an O's thing. I found it irksome as well. 

Someone on this website told me that the Giants colors are directly stolen from the Baltimore Orioles of the 1890's.  Something like the old Manager or owner of the Orioles took the colors into their next job.  So the Orioles are the inspiration of the Giant colors and the Orioles actually became the NY Yankees.  Funny how stuff goes.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Someone on this website told me that the Giants colors are directly stolen from the Baltimore Orioles of the 1890's.  Something like the old Manager or owner of the Orioles took the colors into their next job.  So the Orioles are the inspiration of the Giant colors and the Orioles actually became the NY Yankees.  Funny how stuff goes.

I believe it was @DrungoHazewood