Sunday, June 11: Orioles try to get out the brooms vs KC

SteveA

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

This is one of those quick hooks of Hyde that just drives me up the wall. 

Yep, no reason we couldn't get 7 innings out of Gibson.   Pitch count was low enough.   A ground ball single isn't enough to convince me that he's "lost it".

If Akin can give us at least 1.2, then no harm.  But now if Akin gives up a run or two here we will wind up using Cano & Bautista.  Off day tomorrow makes it less of a big deal but it's a long season.

Just now, Mr-splash said:

Kyle Gibson is old and been in the league a long time. Have to remember when he first came to the big leagues it was weird for starters to not go 100 pitches. 

Irvin was taken out with what, 71 pitches?  And he was doing just fine.

Just now, SteveA said:

Yep, no reason we couldn't get 7 innings out of Gibson.   Pitch count was low enough.   A ground ball single isn't enough to convince me that he's "lost it".

If Akin can give us at least 1.2, then no harm.  But now if Akin gives up a run or two here we will wind up using Cano & Bautista.  Off day tomorrow makes it less of a big deal but it's a long season.

Had to pull Gibson with the left-handed batter due up.  I mean,  lefties were , what, 1 for 14 against Gibson in the game today?

• Thanks 1

8 outs to go to get through this game defensively. Bautista was in the dugout so I don't think he's pitching. And he shouldn't if the score holds. 

It looks like the lefties are rhe best options for the bullpen. Perez had a weeks rest before pitching yesterday.

Coloumbe has had a decent rest if he's feeling healthy. 

I say Akin should come back out in the 8th and see how far we can go with him.  I'd prefer we didn't burn Baker, Cano, or Bautista on this game.