Mounty to 10 Day IL, Denoyer DFA’ed. Kolozsvary Contract Purchased

Orioles Jim

• Orioles Jim changed the title to Mounty to 10 Day IL, Denoyer DFA’ed. Kolozsvary Contract Purchased
1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Is this the dizziness stuff effecting Mounty?

Looks like he’s on IL with vertigo, so I’m guessing that’s what it is.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Super excited to have 3 catchers again!  Third time this year and it’s been so great every time.

I think they’re just trying to honor the legacy of my favorite player, 2006 Raul Chavez!

Ok, I saw Mounty has vertigo.

My wife got that the day after she got her COVID shot and it lasted for a month. She was completely miserable.

I don’t know if this just came on or if Mounty has been trying to play through it but if he was trying to play through it, no wonder he couldn’t hit. You can barely function.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Ok, I saw Mounty has vertigo.

My wife got that the day after she got her COVID shot and it lasted for a month. She was completely miserable.

I don’t know if this just came on or if Mounty has been trying to play through it but if he was trying to play through it, no wonder he couldn’t hit. You can barely function.

It can be a couple day thing or it can be a long term brutal ordeal.

But hey someone here found it funny.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• First, Schmidt is having a better year than Cole. Second, the O's teed off Ragans and Lugo last time they faced them.
    • Elias needs to use better judgement when he dumpster dives, prepare better for the high percentage chance that his dumpster diving pickups will fail, and increase usage of other means to get pieces. Bullpen usage is another problem, but it’s hard to effectively juggle flaming torches. A wrong move burns badly 
    • I can see the case for Mountcastle based on defense alone, but what has Kjerstad done to warrant that kind of treatment? Is it the .505 OPS he’s put up since coming back? The overall .438 ML OPS since getting hit in the head? I’m as bummed as anyone that his season got derailed, but if you’re talking about where they are right now — he’s not your huckleberry. As for O’Hearn, he’s 8 for his last 23 (.348), with 3 doubles. That feels a little like the “getting himself together” that you referenced. He had an awful month-long slump, but he also has an extended track record (over 1.5 seasons) of excelling in the role he’s now back in, as the platoon LH 1B/DH guy. He had a 125 wRC+ in those 750 PAs as an Oriole until 8/20, which is roughly when Mountcastle went out.  I’d be good with Kjerstad DHing against LH starters, because there’s good reason to think he hits them better than O’Hearn. And if they want to play both O’Hearn and Kjerstad against some RHPs, in order to set up the potential of Mountcastle coming in to PH against a lefty reliever, I’m down for that too. But the primary alignment is going to (and should) be the Mountcastle/O’Hearn duo we’ve gotten accustomed to seeing.
    • The Achilles heel for this team is going to be the unit that doesn't step up in the postseason. I can easily see scenarios where: the bullpen is hot and provides good performances but the offense sputters and isn't clutch the offense comes up big but the bullpen blows games late starting pitching tosses some clunkers (not really likely with Burnes and Eflin) and they can't recover the defense sucks and gives opponents extra outs to work with, blowing games open when the bullpen or SP would have been able to escape and continue We've seen all of these units falter at one point or another during this season.  We've also seen all of these units perform very well at different times throughout the season.  So, we'll see what turns out to be the Achilles heel for the Orioles in the playoffs starting next week.
    • I agree I missed the mark on a correct forum, and ask a moderator to please relocate to Rants as that game annoyed me yesterday. I appreciate the strong moderators here and know I'm not one of them.     Sorry for making it worse at a tough moment.    I won't bump it again, even ironically if we kick their butts in the playoffs.
    • Nail hit on head. It really comes down to the offense in the playoffs for us. I think our pitching is good enough overall especially the starters. Shaky sometimes sure, but they can hold their own most of the time. If we don't bring our "A" hitting game in the playoffs we won't go far.
    • The bullpen has warts for sure, but if this offense doesn't figure out how to hit good pitching in the playoffs, the bullpen won't matter. Even I got a little excited when they put 5 and 9 up on the board Tues and Wed, and then it crashed back to reality last night when I remembered they were facing Schmidt and Stroman. When facing a real ace like Cole they were completely shut down. What's gonna happen next week when they face Skubal, Reagins, and/or Lugo? The mediocre bullpen won't matter if they can't figure out how to score some runs off pitchers like that...
  • Popular Contributors