June 14: Oriole vs Jays -- last night game for almost a week as Orioles try to extend win streak to 6

SteveA

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I have never heard of scoring the run against the previous pitcher when his runners were eliminated by the force and tag out. 

Learn something new every day I guess.

Imagine being a pitcher and missing out on a performance bonus by one earned run after the inherited runners you gave the next pitcher both got out.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

This is an idea I've been thinking about recently. I'm not sure DL Hall will ever put it together to make it as an effective starting pitcher, but he could be a devastating reliever with his arm.

Agree. There's a good chance that's where he ends up regardless, and he could help this year in that role if things went well. He doesn't seem to want it though, which you can't blame him for:

“We hear the noise. We hear the chatter, and I had pretty good success in the last month of the year last year out of the bullpen,” Hall said. “You hear people say, ‘Just move him to the ‘pen, just move him to the ‘pen.’ But I know deep down inside I’m a starter, I did it for my whole life. Obviously, not at this high of a level, but it’s still the same thing. … It’s just that I’ve dealt with injuries these last couple of years and it seems like everything has been super untimely for me. But I think this is gonna be big for me as a starter.”