June 15: afternoon rubber match with Blue Jays

SteveA

1 minute ago, Malike said:

I wonder if Adley hits the ball harder from the right side. I haven't looked up the numbers but they always say his exit velo is not good, his two hits today were blasted.

Nah, he’s a way better hitter from the left side.  .865 OPS vs .648

5 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

You must’ve missed his 10 big league starts 😛

Obviously Grayson has the highest upside by far.

I think his point was that stuff isn't everything (I said Kikuchi has better stuff than I'd expect for someone with his career numbers). ie he would've seen Grayson's struggles in his 10 big league starts 

Just now, Malike said:

Savant has Adley at the 41st percentile for Avg Exit Velocity (poor), 70th percentile for Max, and 37% for HardHit (poor).  Barrel % is 31 (poor).

I have felt that Adley uses way more all field approach and tries to cut down on strike outs so he's never swinging out of his shoes like Gunnar does.  That's at least what it seems like to me.  

9 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Can anyone describe how Vlad got that error?  Was it a dropped throw?

Playing off the bag, cuts in front of Merrifield to try to backhand a pretty softly hit “cue shot” grounder, ball gets under his glove. 

Merrifield picks it up, but throws wide of the bag (which Kikuchi wasn’t on, anyway). 

• Upvote 1