June 15: afternoon rubber match with Blue Jays

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

Savant has Adley at the 41st percentile for Avg Exit Velocity (poor), 70th percentile for Max, and 37% for HardHit (poor).  Barrel % is 31 (poor).

To Adley's credit, that takes into account the balls he hits with 2 strikes where he is obviously just poking at the ball to put it in play. He is tough to strike out. 

Just now, Dunk35 said:

To Adley's credit, that takes into account the balls he hits with 2 strikes where he is obviously just poking at the ball to put it in play. He is tough to strike out. 

I'm not discounting that, I'm just saying that people keep saying he won't be a big power guy because he doesn't have elite exit velocity or even average, apparently. I don't care if he's a 40 HR guy if he's stroking doubles and singles and taking his walks.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Malike said:

Savant has Adley at the 41st percentile for Avg Exit Velocity (poor), 70th percentile for Max, and 37% for HardHit (poor).  Barrel % is 31 (poor).

I love the “show random video” feature on baseball savant.  I got a pitcher step off. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Nah, he’s a way better hitter from the left side.  .865 OPS vs .648

It's worth pointing out that Adley murdered LHP in the minors in 2021 (his only significant exposure to them in the minor league career), and carried a .768 OPS against them this year into today, which has obviously gone up higher now. Switch-hitters are known to be inconsistent in which side is stronger from year to year.

• Upvote 2