So who goes for Mountcastle?

dystopia

I wouldn't bring him up until and unless he starts hitting.   But when they do bring him up, ready or not,  they should send down McKenna, even with his HR tonight.  He not needed with Hicks on the roster.  That said they will likely send down Ortiz since they foolishly refuse to play him. 

3 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

I wouldn't bring him up until and unless he starts hitting.   But when they do bring him up, ready or not,  they should send down McKenna, even with his HR tonight.  He not needed with Hicks on the roster.  That said they will likely send down Ortiz since they foolishly refuse to play him. 

I believe McKenna should stay and Ortiz should be sent down. McKenna is much more valuable to the team than his numbers show. Hyde and the players consistently speak highly of McKenna, and to me he is a more important part of the team than Ortiz at this point.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, forphase1 said:

I don't know if you guys watched the post game stuff on MASN but McKenna's not going anywhere with the way Hyde and the players were talking about him. It's more than just on the field stuff. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Who knows, he could be hiding a injury.  It seems he was hiding the vertigo for a while.  Regardless, he needs to earn his way back. 

From what I've read and understand about vertigo, it would be next to impossible to play baseball with it, even with a slight case of it.  I don't think he was hiding anything.

22 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

If the Elias considers this team a playoff team, Mountcastle cannot get any ABs against RH pitchers. 

This definitely has to be the plan in order to maximize the offense the rest of the season. Mountcastle has hit LHP well this year so when he's healthy enough platoon him with O'Hearn at 1B.

If Mountcastle turns it around he can go back to playing everyday.

• Upvote 1