Sunday, June 25: Rubber match vs Mariners

SteveA

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Would like to get an insurance run or two in case an Orioles pitcher throws a cookie these last three innings.

Yeah, I was skeptical of Bradish but he’s established himself as a solid #3ish starter with the upside for more. 

Heard someone here in NY Metro area say "Are The Yankees trying to keep this development QUIET ????? (From Yankees fan forum) ...... 

1 day ago  ::  Jun 24, 2023 - 1:23PM#1

laurenfrances

Yankees manager Aaron Boone said Saturday he expects Judge to return this season but wouldn't guarantee it.

• Judge tore ligament in toe, still dealing with pain while walking

Just now, Malike said:

Back-end starter? Bradish has the best stuff on the staff lol. How on earth do you see him as a "decent 5 and dive guy"? That might be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read in a game thread. He's 26 with an extremely high ceiling.

He's rolling today and looking like a top of the rotation guy. The reality is, this is not his usual, which is a decent 5 inning start. I love his slider and think that it is one of the best in baseball. I do not like any other of his off speed pitches. In truth, he doesn't use his curveball as much. But everything from him is hard and I have questions whether that type of pithing profile can ever be a consistent TOR starter.

As far as "one of the most ridiculous things you have ever read in a game thread" that's funny. 

So Seattle has  switch-left-right-left coming up in the 8th, and the switch hitter has a lower career OPS vs lefties.

Think maybe Hyde should go with Coulombe for the 8th due to the LH bats coming up, or will he stick with the normal plan and use Cano?

Just now, Bemorewins said:

He's rolling today and looking like a top of the rotation guy. The reality is, this is not his usual, which is a decent 5 inning start. I love his slider and think that it is one of the best in baseball. I do not like any other of his off speed pitches. In truth, he doesn't use his curveball as much. But everything from him is hard and I have questions whether that type of pithing profile can ever be a consistent TOR starter.

As far as "one of the most ridiculous things you have ever read in a game thread" that's funny. 

They've been limiting his pitch counts like they have for all of the starters. It seems they don't want guys without a lot of innings under their belts to throw more than x amount of pitches. He's not an Ace, but he's a hell of a lot better than a 5 and-dive guy. He's a sold 2-3 and very valuable to this team. If not for a missed strike he's 7 innings 0 runs.