Monday, June 26: Jordan Westburg & Orioles take on the 1st place Reds, weather permitting

SteveA

1 minute ago, justD said:

Nicole is divorced, and has a young son she's raising to follow in her footsteps (well, maybe).  She was so encouraging to me when I was pursuing my horticulture degree.  I think she's amazing.  She's very well-respected in the field of sports turf management, and deservedly so. 

That's awesome. Not asking for myself. Jagwar just got himself married last Thursday!

She seems like a strong, wise, capable person. I'm sure that will be attractive to whomever she finds for her next partner (if she wants that of course).

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Big Hardy fan. We'll be very lucky if Westburg has a career that good.

But JJ probably isn't taking all those close pitches the way Westburg did. 

Yeah, right on there.    The snap reaction was more the size of the guy and silhouette in the batter's box.

More patience, less defense, but I think lowish AVG and some pop might match too.

Just now, Jagwar said:

That's awesome. Not asking for myself. Jagwar just got himself married last Thursday!

She seems like a strong, wise, capable person. I'm sure that will be attractive to whomever she finds for her next partner (if she wants that of course).

Congratulations!!!!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So I said at the time.

Of course I didn't expect Heim to be this good, I just didn't see the advantage or bringing Pearce back.

DD’s trade history with the Orioles was unbelievably bad.  Part of the reason we were a 100 loss team for half a decade after he left. 

2 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Congrats to you and Mrs. Jagwar. 

1 minute ago, ArtVanDelay said:

DD’s trade history with the Orioles was unbelievably bad.  Part of the reason we were a 100 loss team for half a decade after he left. 

Heim was drafted 10 years ago and if I recall was really a good defensive catcher.  His offensive ability only just kicked in with the Texas Rangers.  Even the Rays parted ways with him.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

About how he deals with the media and handles the bullpen.

The other day was a classic what are you going to do now Buck moment.

The guy at work is really not happy with how mellow Buck is about losing.

I forgot to tell him how Buck likes to bring his favorites along to play for him.

I guess he's noticed by now.